We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Destin, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

We are travelling to DR August 19-24. Looking for an upscale Adult Only AI with good food and no reservation policy. Would definitely appreciate some nightlife and a younger crowd. We are both 30. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

No reservation policy look at secrets royal beach and you can use the facilities at now larimar for extra entertainment at night if you choose.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

Welcome to the forums Jay R:

Would suggest you check-out the stand-alone, adult-exclusive, Excellence resort in the northern Uvero Alto Beach area. Its' guest demographics are consistently on the younger side and has the features you seek.

You are certain to get other recommendations from the members here so check them all out and choose the resort that best-fits your needs!

Happy Travels

Destin, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

Thanks to both of you. Excellence is currently at the top of our list. Will be making decision soon!

montreal
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

Majestic elegance only 2 a la Carte Restos need reservations and they were our two least favourite the French and Japanese, and both times we went there were younger crowds and people of our age me 27 and ,my girlfriend 28. Great resort with an amazing grand lobby and service is top notch

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

Jay R:

The Majestic Elegance is not an adult-only resort - it merely has a club section of rooms & some facilities where guests must be over age 18.

Several resorts have age restricted room areas like the Majestic, and other resorts have actual sections of their complex that are adult-exclusive.

Be sure you know what "adult" area each resort features!

There is a helpful link to a discussion of adult-only resorts on the right side of this page under the "Top Questions" column.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

For no reservations (primarily), adult only, there are the following options that I can think of (in alphabetical order):

Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Excellence Punta Cana

Majestic Club (Elegance and Colonial)

Punta Cana Princess

Royal Suites Turquesa

Secrets Royal Beach

Mark

Boston...
Level Contributor
76 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

I am in the same situation as you. Adult Only but want more to do. I plan on taking my next vacation here. It opens in November 2013 but I'll wait a bit for any issues with opening to get worked out.

Breathless Resort and Spa. Don't listen to any false statement about it being one of those swinger resorts. I work in the Travel industry and have confirmed that this new resort looking to attract fun wanting couples, singles and friends.

amresorts.com/mediasite/…brepc_pg.pdf

http://www.breathlessresorts.com/punta-cana

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

actually there are only 2 true adults only resorts Excellence and Iberostar Grand all the rest are sections of larger complexes and in some cases just sections of rooms. The Adults only resorts that I know of that are separate but part of a larger complex are Bahia Amber, (Bahia) Royal Suites Turquesa (Palladium), Secrets Royal Beach (Amresorts) Punta Cana Princess (Princess resorts) and Barceló Bavaro Beach I do believe there is a Paradisus resort (The reserve???) Most of these have there own restaurants and bars but you can go over to there other family properties, Majestic resorts have there excellence club which is a section inside there larger resort.

As for younger crowd usually young crowds 18-30 or so tend to stick to the cheaper family places mainly because there cheaper The 30-60 adults usually want something a bit more upscale. on the low end theres the Punta Cana Princess at the high end is the Iberostar grand. As you go up in price you get better food and booze and more public area's that have A/C.

Pasadena, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

We stayed at the Catalonia Bavaro last time and were very pleased with the stay. This was not an AI but the sister resort Catalonia Royal is. We have decided to stay a the Royal this time around so we can escape and be with just adults or enjoy the fun on the other side. There are no reservations needed for any of the restaurants if you stay at the Cat Royal.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adult Only AI w/ somewhat younger crowd

I think generally the AO crowd is getting younger. We saw a significant age drop this past trip to Catalonia Royal. My daughter, who is in her 30's, had numerous young folks to chat with unlike previous trips. She still likes the option of a quiet ambience with the opportunity to get a bit crazy next door at the sister resort when the mood strikes. I think most of the AO's which are sections beside family resorts have the same kind of atmosphere.