We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta cana JUly weather.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mamaroneck, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Punta cana JUly weather.

I hear its hurricane season like 8 months out of the year lol. but we are going in July 18-22 and I am wondering the weather we could expect. I know its not a normal question and probably cannot be accurately answered but if you have been there or know about July's typical weather please advise me. thanks!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,505 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

Atlantic Hurricane season is June 1st thru November 30th.

No predicting tropical storms, but generally no worries.

July is hot, & humid.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

Hurricanes typically miss the DR. I don't think any have actually hit the DR in 8 to 10 years. I have been there when a storm passed by, and we had some fringe effects for a couple of days, but nice weather the rest of the stay. That was actually after Hurricane season.

Mark

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

Dont look at the weather forecasts they are almost always wrong speak to people that live there they can give you more accurate weather forecast

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

expect year around 3 days per week some short showers, a few dozens of cloudy hours and winds on 10 knots, for every month of the year as the usual thingy. if it finally comes out calmer, well, thats fine, but to expect a specific week out of the year to be any less would mean to think far outside of the reality.

you could take averages of the month june from the statistics of the last 200 years, and it still would not tell you anything about the weather to await tomorrow morning june 29th 2013.

it's useless to think or discuss about it today.

Mike

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery than predicting the weather.

Anybody predict the lottery numbers recently? lol

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
214 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

I always have to laugh (on the inside) when my clients (in Punta Cana) ask me "what's the weather supposed to be like tomorrow?"

I usually think to myself "How am I supposed to know...I'm a travel agent, not a weather guru?" ... and then just give them an answer that seems to cover pretty much all of the basics, i.e. sunny, hot, with a few clouds, a light breeze and maybe a shower in the early morning and/or late afternoon. Well, that's pretty accurate for most days UNLESS there's a tropical storm or hurricane in the area...but then again, you're already HERE so what are you gonna do about it??? In your case, you've already booked your trip, so what are you gonna do if it rains??? It's still going to be nice and warm, but maybe you could bring some books, magazines, board games, etc. for a rainy day...?

I find that the best website for checking the weather is www.wunderground.com There's a page on the site where you can check for storms in the area.

Mamaroneck, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

Some people are just nasty. Thanks for your help to the ones who answered the question.

8. Re: Punta cana JUly weather.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:17