We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic with kids?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nh
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic with kids?

Hi all

After much research,, I think I have decided on the Majestic for Feb vacation (still going between Elegance and Colonial, though!).

My only concern is this--is there enough to keep a 13 &14 yr busy or is this more of an adult resort? We have been to AI twice and neither time did my kids go to the kids clubs.

Any thoughts on people who have been with their kids? TIA

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic with kids?

Usually the pricing is better for kids at Colonial than at Elegance. I don't think your teens would be occupied at all at the Kids' Club. The two resorts share the same Kids' Club. tt seems to be geared more toward the younger kids. My nephews had a blast and are always asking when we're all going back, but they're young. We've been to these resorts many times and see that the teens tend to find each other at the resorts and you will see them enjoying beach, pool, and adult "play" areas on their own without adults hovering, especially in the area with the outdoor pool and ping pong tables. Teens are included in the various beach and pool games initiated by the Funjestic team. Just check things out for appropriateness for your teens. The jokes are often on the adult side.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic with kids?

I found the Colonial to have a lot more kids, especially in the teenage group.

nh
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic with kids?

Can we alternate between the two sides? For example, go to a pool on one side and then go to another pool on the other side? I prefer the one bedroom suite and so far the ME is the only one showing availability for my dates.

Thanks

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic with kids?

You are supposed to use the facilities of the resort you are "sleeping" at. They share a few things, but mostly not. By the way, there is more than one category of one bedroom suite at both resorts. Also, sometimes one vendor will not have any allotment left in a certain category, when another does.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic with kids?

with a Baby, as we travel, the Mejestic Elegance is the best bet, their 1 bedroom swimup suites provide you on the regular side with a private patio where the baby can nap in the shadow or even in the room while the parents can enjoy the private loungers and pool at the same time without the need of a Nany etc.

as for children by the age of yours i would recommend the Majestic Colonial, so they will have other children of their age around and find the appropriate activities for children of their age.

as for traveling with a Baby it is nice to not have splashing and jumping and hyperactive loads of other kittens around, so the Majestic Elegance suite was the perfect fit on many visits for Us with the very lil one.

take the Colonial, and you and the young crowd will have a blast

Mike

6. Re: Majestic with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:17