We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some rain later this week?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kennedale, TX (DFW...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Some rain later this week?

Possibly a T.S. ..... close to D.R. on Wednesday

wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201395_…

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Some rain later this week?

1200 miles east of the Antilles now, early to guess the final outcome.

a possibility?, oooh Yes, as every system popping up East of the Islands hides the possibility to develop into a Storm and influence or even hit the Islands, including DR.

actually we have 2 Stormy Systems wandering East of the Islands in the far away Atlantic, the above mentioned named Invest95L and East of it we also have the next one, much larger and running a much less dry environment, both are wandering on the usual Westward Route towards the Caribbean Islands.

by it's actual very high westarwd speed of around 25miles per hour it could influence the DR weather as early as of tuesday evening onwards, but there is still the possibility that it will not come any close, or not develop, etc etc.

it is monitored, but it is too early for speculations, it is usual for this time of the season that the systems start to pop up out there, and til mid/late October at least we will have such almost permanently to watch, it's da Season.

Mike

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some rain later this week?

I read your weather on DR1, Mike about a 60% chance as you noted on the DR site

dr1.com/forums/…post1274267

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Some rain later this week?

yes, i even put the odds of development into a storm well higher than the Hurricane Centers 60%, I await it to be declared a Tropical Storm Tonight.

to me it already is a complete Tropical Depression which should have it's number.

as far as to where it goes and how strong it may become, still too early for the estimates, it will take an other 24hrs to figure out reliably and from then it may be just an other 24hrs till it's influence arrives, If it arrives.

it is a very fast forward moving sytem, ruinning over 25mphr westwards, at this moment is should be no more than 1100 miles east if the lesser antilles, maybe less with its center.

it's da weather,

we are in da Season and will already keep an eye on the Big System east oif the above watched formation.

Mike

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,172 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some rain later this week?

Now it is Chantal and wait for the onslaught of questions probably starting this morning. I looks like a wet Wed. and Thur. but not a big deal

BObK

Edited: 08 July 2013, 06:00
McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Some rain later this week?

Flying in mid-day Wednesday. Should we expect to be delayed? From Dallas, Tx. kinda ignorant about tropical systems...any information will help..thanks

6. Re: Some rain later this week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20