We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

Hi

Has anyone any experience of using the Sip-Savour and See - dine around options when staying at following resorts.

Secrets Royal Beach

Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana -

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa -

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa

Was it worth it?

How much is the taxi fare from Secrets PC to the resorts above?

Or taxi to Dreams PC or Dreams Palm Beach.

Think it imay be too far to Romana?

appreciate any info or experiences

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

SRB and DPB are doable. DPC and Zoetry are doable. if you are at Zoetry and want to see a show at DPC they have a shuttle.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

between Secrets and Dreams Palm Beach, in the evenings/Dining/Nightshift nI would estimate a cabby rde on $35.- one way.

secrets to Dreams Punta Cana and Zoetry i would estimate such nightride on $65.- per one way ride.

Secrets to Dreams La Romana would range around $125.- one way per ride.

if the transportation is not offered as Shuttles or at least as much discounted organized Transfer Fees, then such Sip-Savour-and See would be just a promotional Goal, but not worth to be done, as those dinners at the partnered resorts would be well expensive considering the cabby fares and considering the already paid for dinner plan at the original resort.

if you stay at the Zoetry, from there to the neighboured Dreams Punta Cana they have a shuttle, as it is there to where you go to see the evening shows etc.

happy travels

Mike

Bebington, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

I think we were quoted around USD150 for the round trip from DPC to DLR for four of us.

We are going for the day to Bayahibe to go out with Diving Dominican Republic. Then are thinking we will go to DLR for dinner. So we will be making the most of the day, (and the taxi cost!)

There will be an extra charge if we stay for the evening apparently it costs extra for driving at night.

You should be able to get prices for taxis from your hotel concierge for the various hotels.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

Those Taxi prices from resorts are ridiculous - more than London!

I have gone outside the complexes and flagged down Taxi's for as low as a quarter of the rate charged direct from the Resort.

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

Thank you all for info on this topic.

Mike you made an very interestrng point:-

"if the transportation is not offered as Shuttles or at least as much discounted organized Transfer Fees, then such Sip-Savour-and See would be just a promotional Goal, but not worth to be done, as those dinners at the partnered resorts would be well expensive considering the cabby fares and considering the already paid for dinner plan at the original resort."

In the AM Resorts website they clearly say to arrange for visiting other hotel for Sip-Savour-See. You must contact Conceirge in your hotel before 3pm. AND transportation is responsibility of guest (not included) So I am taking it that you would have to pay for own taxi.

Also - What concerns me is that I cannot find one TA review on using Sip-Savour and See dining options. Which is why I asked this questions. Perhaps it is just a marketing/PR ploy.

The taxi fares appear to be very expensive for the journeys, cant see us spending £50 for a taxi!! not worth the extra expense I feel unless desperate to get out!

many thanks

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

yes, Duncan, in combination with a snorkel/diving day the cabby cost is something different, as you would have needed the transportation anyways, so you can combine it.

Snooky,

the Resorts/Hotels do NOT set the cabby rates, it is the legal/registered cabby drivers/owners Association, their rates are for the same ride the same from a hotellobby as for the same ride from the Mainentrance of that hotel. there is always a chance to negociate a bit on the rates, but down to a quarter of their regular ride, nope.

Duncan,

$150.- for the roundtrip is a good rate, would that be a driver who waits for you the whole day, or would that be a company which send's you down south in one vehicloe and then sends a different driver at a set time to catch you for the ride back? just curious, as i use cabbies and transfer drivers of different companies once in a while for transfers between Cap Cana Marina and Bayahibe/La Romana/Casa de Campo.

i just checked the quotes on the rides, they show for me, as a business, $90.- one way and $150.- two ways, on which the guests get transfered in the early morning from La Romana/Bayahibe/Casa de Campo to the Marina here, and then in the afternoon an other driver will bring them back to the south.

so your $150.- roundtrip quote is a good one.

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

yes, Wendy, they are a timeshare/vacation club, it is one of the typical promotional tools as usual, give something for "Free", doesn't matter how much has to be finally paid for it(in this case due cabby fare), lol.

i bet such thing would work well for them to run on specific days and at specific times a shuttle/Bus, where guests can hopp aboard(of course with prior booking) for a small reasonable Fee, so the travel costs would be shared between a number of guests and it would be a good tool to show their guests their associated sister properties to get repeating customers for the next vacation season.

Mike

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

mike - probably wasn't a registered Cab then?

never mind - he got me there! lol ;-))

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

The dine around is pretty much the same type of thing that Sandals does in Jamaica. Can eat at other locations but you pay to get there. Not a gimmick just something they offer wether you use it or not it is available. Zoetry does have a free transfer at night to DPC. If they didn't offer it people would be saying why don't they allow you to try another resort for dinner? Not many chains have multiple resorts in PC at different locations or they would probably offer the same. Like I said SRB and DPB is doable and would be OK if you had someone else sharing a cab. It is a good option if you missed a certain show and it was at another resort. Or a lot of people do the Zoetry free transfer.

Bebington, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets - Dreams - Zoetry Dine around options & taxi fare?

Hi Mike,

$150 round trip was quoted by the concierge at DPC I was under the impression that this was for the driver for the day.

As it turns out, there will now be 8 of us so we have been quoted USD215.00 and USD240 if we come back after dark. Possibly this is with Bayahibe/La Romana based company? I am under the impression on this one that this will be separate pick up / drop off. And yes this is tied in with the tour operator rather than just getting a quote for the taxi only.