We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

Just wondering if anyone has travelled to PUJ yet on the new Air Canada Rouge discount carrier. Would like to know if they are covering any of the taxes in the fare.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

I was told everything is the same as flying Air Canada. The only difference is 3" less legroom.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

We are flying with them on Thursday...as far as I know it is all included.

Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

Let us know about the tax when you return. That would be appreciated. We always have the money with us just in case but it's a lot more convenient when it's included. Hope you enjoy your trip. Thanks Marg also for the reply. You never know what an airline might cut when they venture into the discount sector. They are maintaining Air Canada luggage allowance so that's a plus.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

Please do let us know about the taxes etc. We are flying ACr in August, we pre booked our seats and are sitting in the front row, I believe the first four rows have extra leg room but are still 3 seats aside. Thanks, we can't wait for our trip to Majestic Colonial PC.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

Will do!

You will love the MC!! That was our first DR resort and we had a great time there. Interested to return sometime and check out the colonial club section. We are doing the Ambar this time.

FYI about entertainment on board...I believe that it is all done through iPad/iPhone/iPod touch. It is free for the month of July and then $5 for unlimited access during your flight starting August1st. Will let you know how that works as well.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,954 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

same as Air Canada, entry and exit is included.

Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

I just called Aeroplan via Air Canada Vacations (as our flight is not a package - just a flight) and they stated that the ticket with Rouge "should" include entry and exit taxes. Didn't get a firm "yes" but looks like it is included.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
244 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

I asked Air Canada Vacations via their Facebook page if the entry visa charges & exit tax were included with Rouge as they previously were with ACV and they've replied that yes they are, there are no changes.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

We are staying at the Colonial Club Swim out room. My wife is very excited for this vacation. We booked the AC flight on its own through Expedia.ca so we aren't flying with a vacation package. I was able to book the resort, airfare and a private transfer (Cadilac escalade) and come out about $100 less even after pre-booking our front row seats (we usually fly Air Transat Club Class) so this AC flight will be a little different. I look forward to your review on the ACr flight.

Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Entry / Exit taxes

hotsouth....we are" flight only" also......who did you book your private transfer with....and have you used them before?