We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

Hi Everyone, we are planning our third trip to the GB Punta Cana. We were there 2 years ago and was just wondering if the resort is still well kept and or in need of renovations as it is the oldest of the GB properties. Any help or insight would be great.

pappajoe

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

Well kept, still beautiful immaculate grounds.

Have a great trip!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

2 additional years are for a popular and always well visited property a loooong time, and the inadvantage of such popular and always busy properties is that they often do not find the point/time for closures to run full renos.

i can not comment specifically on the Bahia Punta Cana, as i do not have notice about when they did refurbish for the last time or had buildings closed for a full refurbishment, some regular visitors of the property may bring in that info.

in general, rooms in almost daily use by weekly changing habitants, show clearly the use.

Mike

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,905 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

pappajoe,

The grounds are just as immaculate as ever. The rooms are starting to show their age as would be expected, but at the same time, very well maintained with anything requiring replacement, is being done.

You will notice the new "Boy Scout Water Park" which has been added - it is located near buildings 52 & 53 at the Premier resort - on your left as you get close to your lobby - for children only, ages 3-12 and is included in your all inclusive.

The La Gourmet a la carte has changed locations - it is now located just above the Ambar resort, as a result of the resort expanding the main buffet.

You can now send in a "request" to prebook a la cartes and room locations - details are found at this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k64951…

Hope this does asist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 10 July 2013, 02:53
Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,905 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

pappajoe,

I overlooked mentioning this to you - you would qualify for VIP status as a returning guest - note the details below.

VIP Status

For the Bahia Bavaro/Punta Cana/Premier resorts:

- After the first visit to any of the Bahia resorts in Punta Cana - so on their second visit they would receive a special "silver" wristband.

Depending on the availability, they will receive a room in either the current Club Golden section (buildings 1-10. 20, 21, 22,24) or the Club Diamond/Hacienda section (buildings 23 & 25-29)

They will also receive a fruit tray, a bottle of rum and T shirts in their room.

the guest should email Albania Batista no sooner than 7-10 days prior their arrival - provide her your names, booking number, tour operator, date of arrival and dates/locations of the previous Bahia visits. Albania will put a note in the guests file to ensure they do receive the appropriate VIP status - this must be done prior to arrival, not on arrival.

Here is Albania's email address:

asistenteventasbppuj@bahia-principe.com

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

Thanks for the replies. Hope to find out if renos are in the plans for next winter.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

At this very moment I am sitting on the balcony of the 2nd floor of building 17. The grounds are impeccable. The food has been great, staff fabulous and I cannot find a thing wrong that can be said about our room. We made our restaurant reservations before we came and all were confirmed. We requested connecting rooms with our daughters room and they made that happen as well. We too will be looking forward to a return visit!

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

201 more days for me....

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

It will be our 4th visit to a Bahia property if we book. We have always enjoyed the Bahia experience and have never had any issues with this chain. We can deal with outdated rooms so long as the customer service is still great and the food is good as well. Never did like the towel games and saving chairs by the pool.

We haven't seen photos of the beach area, so I was wondering if the beach area has suffered any more erosion over the last couple of years.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

Hi PappaJoe,

Your best bet would be to look at the pictures on the Bahia reviews to see the most recent pictures of the beach. However last year the beach did suffer some erosion due to a storm but it repaired itself in May 2013 and it is pretty much back to normal.

Again best to check the pictures under reviews as many pictures get posted daily from people returning from their trip.

Safe Travels!

10. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana...planning third trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:18