We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathless Resort Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Breathless Resort Punta Cana

We have never been to Dominican Republic as we usually visit Mexico in the winter but we are interested in the Breathless Punta Cana scheduled for a November opening. I am tempted to book since my travel agent found a really great rate for early 2014 but have the following questions:

1) How is the weather in late January-early February compared to Riviera Maya? Does it rain much during this time?

2) We are beach people. How are the ocean and beach where Breathless Punta Cana is set? Seagrass or seaweed in the water or clear clean water? Rocky ocean bottom or smooth sandy ocean floor?

3) What excursions to check out in the area?

4) Are there any other resorts neighboring Breathless Punta Cana?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,843 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breathless Resort Punta Cana

Not much Info on their new website.

http://www.breathlesspuntacana.com/

But when it was going to be called NOW ONYX, the website showed beautiful white sand beaches, which Is incorrectly advertised as the area it is in has no white sand beaches like Bavaro.

Here is a map of the area

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breathless Resort Punta Cana

Compared with Mexico (RM) the weather is warmer. The beaches in PC far nicer than any beach we've seen in Mexico.

Have a great time!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breathless Resort Punta Cana

There is another post on Breathless which should help. look at reviews of Dreams Punta Cana and click on guests pics and looking north will give you an idea of the beach. It is a non commercial area, no boats, vendors etc on beach. a small shopping plaza a very short walk. i am going late Jan.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breathless Resort Punta Cana

Thank you so much for all the helpful replies!

vienna va
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Breathless Resort Punta Cana

Which resort would be consider the best adults only all inclusive in Punta Cana ?

Breathless is to open in November ( Uvero beach so so ) but the opening months are generally the beta period and problems solving stage.

Grandville, MI
Level Contributor
17 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breathless Resort Punta Cana

I haven't been to DR but heading there soon.

Maroma Beach in Mexico (RM) (see my review of Secrets Maroma) is achingly beautiful. I'll be surprised if Uvero Alto is as nice.

7. Re: Breathless Resort Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:17