We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow, it was just 3 years ago

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wow, it was just 3 years ago

We have decide to go back to Punta Cana for our vacation next year. this will be the fourth time since 2010. we wanted to go back to the place we went the first time and get the same type of room and all that. The resort was NH Royal but now i guess its Secrets Royal or something close to that. Yes i do realize prices do go up and this place is definitely worth the money to us, but in 2010 we paid 969.00 pp and now it is 2200 pp. we decided to try a different resort instead and chose Breathless that should be opening in November. Can't wait for people to visit there and start posting pictures and such. Does anyone know if there is a resort map out there anywhere?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wow, it was just 3 years ago

Here is a link to a regional resort map:

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

The new Breathless resort is in the northern Uvero Alto Beach region.

And FYI - what you experienced at NH Royal several years ago doesn't even come close to what you currently receive at the rebuilt, adult-only, Secrets Royal that replaced it!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,792 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wow, it was just 3 years ago

When are you going and if in November / December please be prepared for the odd hitch or to which is why prices are low just now

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wow, it was just 3 years ago

Going to Breathless in Jan and they have very good intro prices but I agree with Flip, go with an open mind as the resort will be brand new and may have some early blips. Suppose to be beautiful.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wow, it was just 3 years ago

we are going in april. as long as there is sun, sand and drinks im good

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wow, it was just 3 years ago

I imagine it may take a while for the grounds at Breathless to mature (i.e. foliage).

Mark

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wow, it was just 3 years ago

I think NH Royal Beach opened late 2009 or early 2010 so you would have had cheaper booking rates as it was newly opened. This is the same reason for the lower rates at Breathless but they will be much higher soon as well.

The Secrets Royal Beach is the same resort as NH Royal Beach but just different branding/management. It was not a rebuilt resort. It was only around 1 year old when it changed to Secrets.

7. Re: Wow, it was just 3 years ago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17