We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

I see on Brooklins info list they have Bombay sapphire gin in the Ambar. Would we be able to get miniatures of Bombay sapphire and also tonic water for room mini fridge. Can you request specific drinks and who to ask housekeeping/maid? Is the only way to get ice in room from butler service. If and when you need butler do you guest services. Minor details but would be good to know.

Lockhart, Texas
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

I believe we only got minis of Barcardi Rum, Dewers Scotch and a Vodka I don't remember the brand. The only bar that serves Saphire is the lobby bar.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

Smirnoff Vodka is the thrid one haha

Coningsby, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

Our fridge was only replenished with spirits twice in eleven nights? Maybe you have to keep nagging at them. Methinks there be a "scam" going on i.e. people who tip more get your allocation? You can get a bottle of Brugal at the resort shop for "sundowners" on the balcony for $12 if needed!

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

There is a list of items in the Booklet on the dresser and they replenish it everyday with the missing items you've used - if they haven't then ring them or tell them at reception.

We've been twice for a total of 5 weeks and never had any problems.

If you run out you can always get drinks or ice from the Bars - although I think Ice is provided from a dispenser on the ground floors - your room should also have an Ice Bucket.

Not too hard really. :-))

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

Thanks - would prefer to go and get our own ice (not bother the butler!)

Gin is the only spirit I drink as a short with mixer (other than mixed cocktails which I prefer) so having Bombay Saphire in the room would be a real treat - Maybe can ask for it in room - but if not, doesn't matter.

thanks

Coningsby, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

No ice in the buildings,have to go to the bars or ring customer service. Shouldn't have to ask for drinks to be restocked,it is a 5* resort(or is it)?

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

Most AI's in the DR even 5* ones don't put miniatures n the fridges at all, let alone Crisps too.

It's pretty good for the money I think and we always have a good time there. :-))

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

turnleftatthedoor,

You are definitely correct about there being no ice making machines in any of the room buildings. The resort removed them some time ago for health reasons, and justifiably so.

The suggested method is to contact the butler service (which you would arrange when you check in) or guest services, and they will arrange to bring the ice to your room.

Hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

Thanks brooklin - clears that up nicely. :-))

Can Black wristband guests still use the Esmerelda Buffets? Just wondered.

Cheers.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: drinks in room mini fridge Bahia Ambar?

Snooky

With the VIP black wristband, they sure can. They can use both of the main buffets at the Esmeralda (the lobby buffet called the Jazmin and the new buffet called Los Geranios).

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)