We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This may be a dumb question.....

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
This may be a dumb question.....

Not sure how to phrase this, is it customary, ok, not frowned upon for the cleaning ladies to walk into restrooms and clean right next to you while using the urinal or anything? These are the public ones by the pools, restaurants etc. ? All 3 resorts i have gone to this has happened. A real shock the first time but after that figured no big deal, i guess. I guess it's better then closing bathroom down for cleaning.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

If you are saying female cleaning lady entering a mens room or vice versa, i've personally never seen it. I don't think this is typical practice although could vary person to person, resort to resort.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

I guess on the flip side, it's nice to know that the public restrooms are being cleaned and maintained?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

It happens all the time in the public washrooms, every hotel I have been to in the DR this has happened. Never had them clean right beside me, but in the area. Never thought it was a big deal.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

Happened every trip for us as well.

Odd the first time but after that no big deal.

Did double check I was in the right one though.

Presidente has that effect on me.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

Happens every trip for us also.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

Happened to me when we were in the DR, at the Ambar. It was in the mens room just off the lobby. Have never encountered it anywhere else. Like gsdsky I had to double check that I hadn't taken a wrong turn somewhere. But I was in the right place, as the urinal directly in front of me made that quite clear. :) I just wrote it off to cultural differences. But I do wonder if a male cleaner went into the ladies room, would that be as acceptable. I rather doubt it.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

I don't think I've ever been to a resort down there where the female cleaners didn't clean the mens' washroom with men in it. Doesn't bother me any.

Mark

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

They are always in there........kind of like bathroom attendants who pass you a paper towel to dry your hands off.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

i guess it will rarely happen that a male cleaner surprises a female guest busy at a urinal in the Ladies Room.

Mike

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: This may be a dumb question.....

LOL Mike...that was funny