We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar's in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar's in Punta Cana

Hi: We are Iberostar fans. Never been to PC. Looking for calm waters and preferably a long beach to walk to visit some beach bars and other hotels. Any suggestions on which Iberostar. We are going without kids, but doesn't mean we need the adult only, We are definitely open to suggestions on other hotels, adult or kid freindly. Hope to be less than 1 hr ride from airport.We love the beach the most and then a great swim up bar for happy hr.

Thanks.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

Iberostar Bavaro has a swim-up bar and you can use the Dominicana and Punta Cana facilities.

If you stay at Iberostar Dominicaa or Punta Cana you can not use Bavaro side and they do not have a swim-up bar if that matters.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

If you're a fan of the IBerostar's then I'd recommend the Iberostar BAvaro or the Iberostar Grand (adults only), both are totally different atmosphere's.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

The waters in front of Iberostar are not particularly calm. Somewhere further to the south would be better for that. Secrets/Now, Paradisus Palma Real, Melia, Barcelo Bavaro Beach, and Barcelo Bavaro Palace are all on Bavaro Beach Bay. Very nice beach with calm waters. Barcelo Bavaro Beach is adult only. It doesn't have a swim-up bar, but you have access to the Barcelo Bavaro Palace, which does have one.

I have stayed at all of these except Secrets and Now, but I'm familiar with both brands elsewhere. Now would not be my choice, but Secrets would (you have access to Now). No reservations required for dinner, which is a big plus for me. But all of these are nice resorts.

Mark

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

MHeath I have videos of the ocean in front of the Iberostars that show just how calm that ocean can be especially in the summer months.

I have found from staying at various resorts and at different times of the year that the ocean can be calm or frisky.

BEsides, the OP asked about the Iberostars????

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

debinatore,

The OP said "We are definitely open to suggestions on other hotels, adult or kid freindly." They also stated that they want calm waters. I know that the waters at Iberostar can be relatively calm, but sometimes not. Certainly not as consistently calm as resorts on Bavaro Beach Bay.

Mark

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

k, my bad :-)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

Thanks deb,

For the record, I stayed at Iberostar, and I think it's very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to go there.

Mark

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

Longawaitedvacation,

The Bavaro would be my recommendation. It has great grounds to walk on also. The Buildings are 2 story with 8 units in each one. And as was stated, you can use the Dominicana and Punta Cana.

I too am a big fan of Iberostar. We have stayed at their resorts in Jamaica and Riviera Maya as well. But always back to Punta Cana. Lot less than an hour to the resort and the swim up bar is fine. We aren't pool people so that doesn't interest me a ton.

We go back to Bavaro in 3 months 30 days and 16 hours.

Grumpy

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

I have to like the Iberostars as well. Lke the Grand but adults only and very very nice.

But for the last 2 trips kids and grandson come so off to the Iberostar Bavaro. They love it and actually daughter getting married there this dec. She is very comfortable there with the little guy and I like the long beach walks with a cold beer. Swim up bar hit and miss. Based on who is there. Prefer the beach bar and make my own fun :)

Kentwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
131 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar's in Punta Cana

I've done several IBs and was happy with Bavaro. Stayed at Hacienda Dominicus as well. I liked Bavaro better.