We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia

I'm considering Bahia for my wedding in March 2007. My travel agent is trying to talk me into changing my plans and go to Majestic Colonial due to the awful sewage smell in many of Bahia’s rooms. I’m really confused and would appreciate any help in making this decision.

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia

I personally didn't experience any smell whatsoever in my room. Maybe it depends on where your villa is located on the property. I was right by the main pool and the beach.

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia

Zoya, I have stayed at both the Bahia and Majestic. They both have goods points but my preference is the Bahia. It has way more atmosphere and vegetation. This may be important for any pictures you may take. The Gazebo at Majestic is nicer than the Bahia but not enough to warrent changing the destination of the wedding. (esp. if you are going for the beach wedding!!) I have heard the Bahia has a good planner, I have not heard anything concerning the Majestic's planner. The Majestic is a brand new hotel and I am sure they are still working out hte bumps (although we did really enjoy our trip there) I still think you would be disappointed in the vegetation (very small and sparce b/c it is so new). Good Luck

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia

Thank you everybody sooo much for your input. My travel agent had so many complains about the smell, she stopped sanding people to Bahia. I'm bringing along a big group of people, I guess I can't afford the risk that some of the rooms will be close to the sewer. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Miami, Fl
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia

I just came back from the Gran Bahia it was beautiful I even saw a wedding taking place. Gran Bahia opened in 2004 so it's a new resort as well. I got a regular room and I overheard people saying it wasn't worth the upgrade.

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia

Zoya,

We stayed in the diamond section of the resort. Never had a sewer smell but6 we did have a musty smell (get that at most carribean resort due to the humidity) we asked to be moved to the 3rd floor and loved for 2 weeks.

6. Re: Bahia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 06:22