We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

Okay so I have read so many different reviews about some loving Deluxe GV (the other side of the resort) vs the upgrade to the "preferred Club". My question is do you get treated different if you don't upgrade? What is included really in the preferred club? It says free wifi but I'm reading you only get 10 hours. If your there a week that's not enough. Then again your on vaca what do you need that much wifi for anyway! I guess I'm concerned about not getting to a restaurant because your not "preferred" or not getting top shelf drinks because your not "preferred". I heard the Deluxe GV is very quiet and relaxing so that's why I chose to go with it. But I'm wondering what I will miss out on if I don't upgrade. Is it really worth it, if so how much? Let me hear it people.......

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

The rooms in the preferred club are larger with a sliding doors between the living room and bedroom and a jacuzzi on the balcony. The views are better and close to the beach. You also have a preferred club lounge with premium liquor and little finger foods thru out the day.

If you do not upgrade you will still have full access to restaurants and bars except in preferred lounge. You don't wear wristbands and will not be treated any differently if not upgraded.

Level Contributor
144 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

Just returned today. We did not upgrade to the preferred club and it was shoved down our throats. The deluxe gatden view was nice but they have huge problem with the cart situation. I'm actually going to be posting a detailed review asap.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

If you don't want to do Preferred, but want to be in the section closer to the beach, you may want to consider the Deluxe Tropical View or Deluxe Pool View (which is what we stayed at in December as we'd heard the Deluxe Tropical view could have you looking at the service road behind the resort). We were pleased with the Deluxe Pool View.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

That's sad to hear. If the cart situation was bad how did you get to the main part? Did you walk? Some say its like a 15 min walk, is this true? I'm kinda on the fence about if I will choose to upgrade or not. I really dont plan on being in my room. I know the other thing I wanted to know was did they ask to hold your credit card? I booked through Apple so they have all of my info to give them. I just fear they charging me something after I already paid.

Level Contributor
144 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

If my mother in law want with me (which was rare), I would walk. Otherwise we waited, numerous times over 30 minutes

We booked through Apple as well. They didn't ask for a credit card. I don't know if they do for excursions.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 00:19
6. Re: Now Larimar Perferred Club VS Deluxe Garden....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:22