We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

I have done so much research and read so many reviews and forums that my head is spinning every day HAHAHA, but I think we have it narrowed down to the Majestic Elegance. We are traveling from Rhode Island probably using Southwest - booking a "Southwest Vacation" for sometime in late March - just waiting for the flights to open up. There are pros and cons relative to every single resort no doubt! I feel this resort is in the middle somewhere and probably will meet our needs - which are: great beach and pools. Clean rooms and decent food/drink. Not sure I will even need to upgrad to "Elegance Club" as a lot of folks are saying it is not worth the money??? the reason for my post today is to ask for any tips, advice or general information that we should know about the Majestic Elegance. Is there anyone out there that maybe even thinks we are making a mistake? We are two couples traveling together - no kids!!! Finally no kids :) Thanks in advance to everyone that has and will be helpful.

Level Contributor
62 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

I am in the same boat as you. Having a hard time choosing a resort. I've narrowed it down to majestic elegance and excellance but leaning toward elegance..

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,027 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

The Majestic resorts are an excellent choice - many guests return year after year and that alone is a large attributing factor to their popularity and credibility and also says a lot about their proactive management team.

Have a wonderful vacation in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Level Contributor
147 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

Very good choice! Stayed there myself

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

We felt the club section was worth the extra money. We liked the lounges for picking up bottled water, coffee and snacks. Internet is included so we brought a travel router and had wifi in our room. Our entire days were spent in the club section on the beach. The club beach bar was seriously only a few steps away.

We enjoyed our January vacation so much at ME we've booked again for January 2014.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

We liked the ME so much, we are going back in Feb. To us, the club level was very worth the tiny additional charge, and since you are kid-less, I would go club level. Like you said there are plenty of people that said it wasnt worth it to them, but for us, it really was. IMHO

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

You made a great choice. We have been to ME six times and going back for number seven in Nov. if that tells you anything. I am a chef and I feel that the food is awesome for a AI. The club is well worth the small cost because of all the added benefits. Go ahead and book it and have a great vacation.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

We've been to Majestic 10 times and are going back in November. The cost of Club level is usually only $10 - $20 a night more than the least expensive room in the regular section. If you are going as two couples and "finally" getting away from the kids, you should consider a little extra pampering and go for the Club! Either way, it's a lovely resort.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

We have been to Majestic Elegances 2 times and are returning in September to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We have always booked the Excellence Club and think it is well worth the money. We also have stayed several times at Punta Cana Excellence, but it is an older resort and is an hour away from the airport. You won't be disappointed!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

ME is a great resort!

Friendly staff and the food is very good!

We love the Club perks, and look forward to our 4th visit in May 2014!!!

murillo
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just about ready to decide.....on the Majestic Elegance

your research has done you well... It is somewhere in the middle or upper half... alot not as nice and some alot nicer and twice the $ ... Not sure if we will get a third visit in but who knows ... Nicest place we have been to in 8 visits to the Punta Cana section ... You are right about booking when it comes available .. fills up fast for Mar . We tried a reg room and a swim up room in the club section. both nice..