We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shampoo and lotion packing

10 posts
Save Topic
Shampoo and lotion packing

how many ounces of shampoo and conditioner should i pack for nine nights in punta Cana? I have medium length hair (mid back) and my boyfriend has a little hair. Thank you! Very stressed about not over packing because I always have problems! Also how many ounces of lotion?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,144 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

lotion for what... sun or just body lotion.... the resort will supply shampoo, conditioner and usually body lotions.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,144 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

you will probably use the same amounts as you would for 9 nights at home.... you could figure it out that way if you want to bring your own stuff.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 04:15
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

and pack the liquids all in the chequed luggage, not in your handluggage of course.

Mike

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

And pack them in a ziplock bag...less of a mess if one of them leaks when in the suitcase !

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

Oh yes to the ziplocks!! I learned that lesson the hard way!

10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

Mike - even the liquids in 3 oz containers -- like shampoo, hairspray, gel, etc? I thought if I carried them on I would save weight in my suitcase? ... I always go over trying to save where I can!

canada
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

Justine like deb says most of the resorts supply shampoo, conditioner and body lotion...however that being said. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. My hair is long and curly and if I use an inferior product will just be a puff ball for my whole vacay..not an issue during the day when I am at the pool or beach as it is up in a clip..but night time dressing up for an alacarte I want it to look nice.

ditch a few pair of shoes and extra clothes you don't really need and bring your own stuff if you have hair like mine,,if you respond well to any shampoo..then don't bother packing it.

Lynn

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

Regardless of how many 3 oz. bottles you take in your carryon, they will ALL need to fit into one quart size ziploc.

You can have your BF take a quart size ziploc of 3 oz. bottles also, but each person is only allowed one quart size bag in your carryon.

9. Re: Shampoo and lotion packing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:17