We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any issues plugging in Iphone charger in Punta Cana?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Any issues plugging in Iphone charger in Punta Cana?

I'm staying at the Royal Suites Turquesa. Should I bother getting international wall charger or will I be fine with the outlets?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
820 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any issues plugging in Iphone charger in Punta Cana?

Unless it is something unusual it should not be a problem. I have a Samsung galaxy and no problem. Some hotels do not have alot of outlets so we bring an extension cord so we can charge our devices at night.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any issues plugging in Iphone charger in Punta Cana?

You won't have a problem and I would suggest a surge protector extension cord as the voltage can vary on occasion and you may get some voltage surges.

BObK

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any issues plugging in Iphone charger in Punta Cana?

should be fine, but we always take an adapter. some of the plugs in the older section of the RST are recessed and sometimes we have needed the adapter ( not for the iphone but other things) also the serge protester is great advise.

Winfield, Kansas
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any issues plugging in Iphone charger in Punta Cana?

Electrical outlets in DR are for the MOST part are pretty much like old US two wire. We did not stay at Turquesa, but at Barcelo Dominican Beach, our room had US standard 3-prong plugs. The only thing I've ever read is the possibility of having an outlet that isn't set up polarized, so it has two slots, but they are both the same size, and both small. In that case, anything with a polarized plug will have issues with the bigger blade, but in your case, iPhone/iPad chargers have two small blades, so they would work anyway.

5. Re: Any issues plugging in Iphone charger in Punta Cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:16