We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions - Grand Pallasium Palace

Overland Park, KS
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions - Grand Pallasium Palace

Hi All

We are leaving for our honeymoon to the Royal Suites section of Grand Palladium Palace in about three weeks and we had some questions.

1) Who do I contact to upgrade/select a room. Anyone have any recommendations on what buildings or types of room to ask for in the palace section.

2) Any excursions?

3) How many times can we eat at the ala carte restaurants? Dress Code?

Any other advise to make the trip go smoothly would be appreciated. This is our first time to the DR, and our first time out of the country in years, so we are pretty much rookies at this. Thanks

If anyone has photos of the palace section, I would like to see them.

email - aaronharte@yahoo.com

aaron

Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions - Grand Pallasium Palace

We stayed in the Palace section of the Palladium in May. We were only allowed 3 a la cartes per week, but I'm pretty sure Royal Suites guests are allowed more. My husband wore collared shirts and khakis to the a la cartes. The buffets are more lenient as to what you can wear.

Sorry, I can't comment on excursions. We pretty much just hung out at the resort the whole time. There is a small village right next to the resort where you can do some souvenir shopping. Be prepared to haggle, though. The vendors can be mighty aggressive.

You will likely enjoy the Palladium. We were a group of eight and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The beach and the grounds are beautiful. The food was pretty good and the drinks can be quite strong. The only thing we were honestly disappointed in was the nightly entertainment. We have been to other resorts and had much better. After the third night of sitting through one of the shows at the Palladium, we decided to just spend our evenings relaxing at the bars.

One tip I have is that if you do eat at the buffet any night, make it Friday. Friday evening is Gala night at the buffet and they have an amazing variety of food---virtually every kind of meat imaginable! Also, in my opinion, the buffet on the Bavaro side, La Catedral, is much better than the others.

Have fun!

2. Re: Questions - Grand Pallasium Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 23:15