We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

We are to receive "private transfers" FREE as part of our Apple Vacations charter package at the NOW Larimar in September.

When they say "private" is it just me and my husband in the vehicle with the driver or simply a group of guests going strictly to the NOW Larimar with no stops anywhere else.

Also curious what type of vehicle was it?

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

Our hotel (zoetry) booked a private transfer through amstar and it was a private air conditioned SUV ... It was nice and very professional.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

The APPLE private transfer option via AMSTAR is just that: private for your travel party only. The transfer vehicle used is dependent upon the number of passengers in your travel party and can include sedans, SUVs, or vans. AMSTAR also offers a VIP catagory private transfer service that features limousines, and for those northernmost resorts, even a helicopter transfer option is available.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

I do not want you to be misinformed. Is your transfer PRIVATE or DIRECT. If it is free, it likely is not private but will take you directly to your resport without stopping to drop off others at various resports.

My most recent free Apple transfer was to Secrets Royal Beach. We arrived on the nonstop Apple flight from Pittsburgh. We shared a bus with others going to Secrets and NOW. My children arrived commercial air and shared a van with another family.

I have also paid $30 pp for a PRIVATE transfer in Mexico which was my family only on arrival and a direct bus returning to the airport, shared with others but direct, no stops.

Please double check with your TA so that you are not confused when you arrive in PC. As always, look for the Apple staff at the airport in the colorful print shirts

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

APPLE indeed offers a private transfer upgrade option to ALL resorts that can be selected during the check-out process and that additional cost added to the base fare.

That option is indeed on a round-trip basis, and guests need to make sure they present the private return transfer voucher to the APPLE representative at the resort in a timely fashion for them to make proper arrangements, otherwise you may indeed be placed on a group transfer vehicle on the day of departure from the resort!

Regardless, the OP is referring to a current promotion from select gateways and departure dates that include the private transfer option at no extra charge.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
447 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

I got private transfer in June. From the airport was a very nice van for the two if us. To the airport we got a limo bus like you would get for a bachelor party. Seating for 12, Tvs inside, etc. all for the two of us. Highly recommend

6. Re: Private transfers through Amstar, what is the difference?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:17