We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories splash punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Memories splash punta cana

Hi there.

Was looking to book the new memories splash resort for July next year 2 adults and 2 children. First choice quoted me £4441 all in last Thursday. However when I went back to book it's gone up to over £5000. Why is this? And is it likely to come back down?...feeling slightly gutted and we could just manage budget for our dream holiday but not if it stays at the price increase.

Anyone experienced this and is it likely to come down?

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories splash punta cana

Not opened yet, November 15/13 so there are not any answers re: price up or down.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Memories splash punta cana

Here is a fact that not many know. The web site has cookies and it knows you have visited.

This does not apply to everything but is always worth a try.

Clear your browser cache and delete all cookies. Restart your browser and try again. If you see the lower price, book it. Discussion over.

If clearing out the cache and cookies does not work, try another browser. If the new browser does not give you the previous price, try another one. If you do not get the lower price next time, then try again in a month,

I am not joking. Please do not ask me to explain. It is all down to stored cookies on your PC. If it is not a PC then sorry I cannot help.

Worksop
Level Contributor
123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memories splash punta cana

I'd be surprised if the price went back down. I booked the sister hotel (Royalton) for next May and in the last couple of months the price has increased considerably. IMO its down to the fact that its a new hotel with no repeat bookings so they set the prices really low to start with...as it fills up the prices increase... A bit like what airlines do!

4. Re: Memories splash punta cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 11:05
Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memories splash punta cana

That seems like a fair price. I booked Memories Splash 2 weeks ago for July and paid £4418.00, 2 adults and 1 child. That was on-line with first choice but I have noticed that the prices are creeping up.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Memories splash punta cana

i agree to the asumption that they by now may have received a certain booking level for next year already, so they prices go constantly up, even that both hotels are not opened, yet.

once they are open and running smoothly, the bookings may power up and so will do the rates then.

Mike

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Memories splash punta cana

Hi i just booked this hotel as well got the same thing when we called to bok they sent us this hotel

and said it wa 1800 pre person so we startred to resech it more and 6 hours later we deciced it was the one for us when we called back all the rooms we wanted were gone and price was up to 2000 per person ! so we booked but we do have the lowest price guarentee so if it does come down we will get the better price.

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memories splash punta cana

Does anyone know if this hotel has actually opened on time? It is the 21st of November today and I don't see any new posts or photos. We are going there soon and would love to see if it actually got finished in time. Should we be worried as the only photos are rendered from the hotel itself???

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Memories splash punta cana

There are numerous threads on this subject, but the opening date was moved to December 1st. That being said, according to post #12, this person just came back from the resort next door and said there's no way it's going to be ready. You might want to check with your travel agent about a back-up plan.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k683487…

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Memories splash punta cana

it is not opened, yet, and as they stopped to post updates on their FB page late october, no news about it since some weeks to know if they will really open on dec 1st or not.

check with your travel agent to assure some details for your booked time frame.

have fun

Mike