We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Hi, just making all the plans for our wedding in Punta Cana and i have requested 4pm for the ceremony... but i was wondering if this is maybe a little late? Would still like the sun to be shining but don't want the blazing mid day heat.....

Will the light and sun still be good at 4pm or should i go for a little earlier?

Help!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

I guess it depends on the time of year but 4:00 PM sounds like a good time to me.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Oops sorry guys - mean't to say we get Married in May 2014 :-)

Sal

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Just happened to see this, out of the blue, even though I am not on this forum!

Anyhow, at many of the resorts I have seen, the weddings might begin later than that, like maybe 5:00 p.m..... The beach is clearing out, and they can set up sections just for weddings... Solves the problems of the bright sun, bright glare and shadows in photos, etc...

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

If I were ever to get married on the beach I believe it would be a dawn - my favourite time of day on the beach in PC - the sky is magnificent, the beach is quiet, the ocean is calm and you can watch the sun come over the horizon. I know, a little early for many people, but for me it would be perfect!

Happy Planning

Bugs

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

4-5PM is a typical time for the ceremonies on the resort beaches, to avoid the full mid day heat and to have less guests in your Photos taken with the ceremony, as other guests off course will not stop their beachday because someone gets married and wants a empty beach for photos. so the late afternoon resolves that problem, as by 5PM many beach guests already moved towards the pools or rooms after a hot day baking crispy red in the strong sun. the light of the late afternoon is very fine for your photo shootings, sufficient daylight for that.

congratulations on the upcoming event

Mike

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Thanks for the input guys - Mike you have reassured me and think i will stick with the 4pm i originally requested.

And by the way a dawn ceremony sounds fab but it would be a long day.... in my dress.... and to be honest my other half is a grumpy sod 1st thing hahaha

Sal

Toronto
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Hi sal

I got married in punta Cana may 2012

My wedding was at the beach at 3pm it gave us time for pictures after and before the sun went down. All depends on if your doing a reception etc.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

We had our wedding a few years ago in April in Mexico. We selected 6pm and had time for ceremony and pictures. We did not want too much earlier as there are several people still on the beach.

Just a thought to keep in mind, the later in the day your ceremony the more time the bridal party has to drink. I had my husband promise to stick to a max of 2 drinks prior to the wedding. I know he had a few but at least they were all sober. Lol. We did have one miss the rehearsal and dinner the night before the wedding due to a losing battle with tequila.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Thanks Danielle. Where did you get married?

Catchinrayz - I did think about the drinks thing... and i have already had that discussion with my fiance Hahaha

Toronto
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time of the day for a Beach Wedding?

Majestic colonial! I found them to be amazing. I have no regrets about anything

Which resort u thinking