We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

France
11 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

Hello,

This forum is fantastic ! Thanks to you, we have got many interesting informations and photos about this resort "Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana" where we expect to go in May 2005 for our 20's wedding birthday, without any child.

First of all, excuse me fo my approximative english ;)) made in France !

Does somebody know the difference between Bahia Principe Bavaro and Bahia Principe Punta Cana ?

Which one is the best ?

Has somebody a detailed plan of this resort ?

We should like to get some more informations about the beach :

- Is it clean ? Is it soundy (motor boats, helicopteres, planes,... ?

- Is it possible to do snorkeling right near the beach : is the water clear enough ? (we are very good swimmers... in the condition of not having misused ti-punch and pinacolada too much :)

- Are all the restaurants really no smoking areas ?

- Which are the best situated villas ? (beautiful sight on the sea, very quiet,...)

Hoping to receive many answers, we let you our email for photos and especially the plan.. Thanks a lot. Bye

jipepedo@numericable.fr

white rock bc
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

Hello

There is absolutely no difference between the Bavaro side and the Punta Cana side. They have almost exact same lobbies. One has a huge copper palm tree in the middle and the other has something different for a decoration. Other than that they are both the same. When you arrive, there are two main lobbies. They are only separated by the theatre. Punta Cana has its own a la cartes, as does Bavaro. They are exactly the same. For example, the Gourmet restaurant on the Punta Cana side is the Paris restaurant on the Bavaro side. They have the exact same menu. So it doesn't matter where you make your reservation. There is no smoking in the a la cartes. The 2 buffets are exactly alike. Each side is a carbon copy of the other. I don't know why they built it like that, or to what purpose it serves.

The best buildings are the ones closest to the beach. They are part of the gold club. It really doesn't matter where you stay at the Bahia. All the rooms are identical. There is always a little tram to take you where you want to go in the resort.

The beach is very nice. Don't expect to go snorkeling though. There is nothing to see. I didn't see one fish. Only when we booked an excursion to the Caribbean did I see fish. The waves are a blast, and so are the kyaks and the catamarans. Boggie boarding in the waves is also fun.

Hope this helps. Have a good time.

Happy travels, Bellini

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
toronto
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

we just returned from bahia and had an AMAZING time!

like above post - no difference between bavaro and punta cana. gold club buildings are really the only ones with ocean view as the resort is long as opposed to wide. see plan here:

…webshots.com/19/…222748111HJpDdq_fs.jpg

the orange buildings are gold club. i would email the resort directly with your requests (ocean view, quiet). they are very accomodating. i suggest the 2nd or 3rd floors.

the resort is SUPER clean. the staff is literally cleaning everywhere at all times (they even clean the signage!). you will not see garbage anywhere, may be some cigarette butts on the beach from suntanners.

it was not noisy from what i remember. i did see a couple helicopters, i think they were flying out of secrets excellence resort.

i dont know about snorkeling near the beach. we did see a couple fish when we took the pedal boat, and my boyfriend thought he spotted a sting ray?! but it was not clear enough to confirm. CATALINA island is best for snorkeling.

hope this helps :)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

Thanks.....Reviews Helpful. I'll be at the Bahia 5-13 of April. Can't wait. Do you book the trip to Catalina island through the resort?

Thanks.

Nate

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

One more thing. Is it worth it to upgrade to gold club? How much is it?

Thanks.

Nate.

toronto
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

yes, you can book any excursion through your hotel rep.

toronto
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

re: gold club upgrade

it's only worth it if you insist on ocean view (and even then not all gold club have it). "gold club" should be called "ocean view" because that\s the only difference. they all have the same rooms.

we were in the haciena club (bavaro side), which was in the middle of the resort, 3rd floor, pool view of both pools (gorgeous at night when all lit up).

we had everything the gold club had: 4 a la cartes (make sure you book the french!), room service, free internet, private reception, welcome drink, towel in room, etc. my bf wrote a note requesting fresh flowers because i adore flowers - the maid went above and beyond - decorated the room and bathroom with folded swans and hearts, all sorts of tropical flowers, daisies and roses too.

based on that, i would say service and rooms are fantastic ANYWHERE in bahia. a couple bucks of tip and little gifts go a long way.

no idea how much upgrade is we paid $850 canadian incl tax per person.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

Thanks a bunch! sounds great! I will ask for a pool view room. I've heard the French a la carte is good. My wife and I love Sushi. How about the Japanese? Sushi or is it more of a Habachi? Thanks again.

nate

toronto
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

nate - the japanese was good. we also LOVE japanese so our expectations were high - i felt it was not authentic, and there was no raw fish (perhaps for health reasons?) mind you, other people LOVED the food. the sushi and tempura was veggie and smoked salmon. the main course was tappenyaki (sp?) which was fun to watch (cooked right before your eyes). it was okay. the desert was great, order the fried icecream!

japanese was my 2nd favorite despite the not-so-authentic food because the service was great and the restaurant was well decorated, different from other ones on the resort.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Principe Bavaro/Punta Cana ?

No raw fish!!!! What the heck is sushi then? Oh well....I'll try it anyway. Thanks for the help.