We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

Can anyone advise on how much to expect to pay for a RS upgrade at Melia? After reading reviews we felt it would definitely be something to seriously consider. We are staying for 7 nights in November. We kind of thought if it was $300 or less for the entire trip per person it's something we'd definitely do.

I know some past posts say the rate has been all over the place...has anyone been in Nov and can answer from experience?

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

any advice? :)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

They will tell you at check in that it's $80 per person per night. Show them cash and negotiate what you think is fair. If RS is full, or 80% capacity then they won't come down much. They will get a supervisor to talk with you. Good luck.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

Thanks Barrie! Hopefully my Spanish bilingualism will help too! ;)

Howell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

I cant speak for november but I was there a few weeks ago. I had a family of 5 and booked two rooms. It was 1700.00 US. Need i say more!!! I was VERY HAPPY without the Royal

Robert

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

Robert...thats $340 per person. I totally see your point about not doing it, I wouldn't if I were paying for an entire family. I'm going with friends so we are all paying our own way and $340 isn't too bad....how many nights were you there?

Howell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

I was there for 7 nights 8 days and loved every minute. If I was to do it all again, I would not change a thing!

Lots of people will tell you go with the royal but there really wasnt a need. We had a GREAT room and the food was ok. The best restaurant was the American Grill. Go and enjoy yourself. Bring lots of singles for tipping. For us that went a long way. Everyone works soooo hard to make you feel special. Any other questions just ask away.

Robert

7. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17