We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with all-inclusive

Pelham, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with all-inclusive

Ok, so I need some help deciding on an all-inclusive. Traveled to Beaches Turks and Caicos in February and was probably the best vacation we will ever take. Our party consists of 15 people (8 adults and 7 teenagers). Beaches met everything on our wish list and more. The dilemma now is that if the budget allowed I would go back to T & C in a heartbeat but with college coming soon we need to spend about half of that amount. I have been researching and in our price point, I am looking at places like the Majestic Colonial, Iberostar Lindo, Barcelo Bavaro. Looking at DR, Mexico and Jamaica (Beaches cost almost the same in Negril as T & C??) I keep going round in circles with all of the resorts out there. Dreams Punta Cana was as much as Beaches for their lower category rooms. Looked at Dreams Romana and discovered you can smoke just about everywhere…no thanks.

Our kids can “sit” on the beaches we have here so we are looking for some teen activities; pool tables, ping pong, basketball, archery, teen centers/disco, water sports availability, etc. I do not want to deal with towel cards limiting you to one at a time or having to make reservations for every a la carte restaurant. I am on vacation and don’t think that planning what time I am going to eat every meal is relaxing. The kids need to be able to go to restaurants whenever they want to and not be limited to buffets when we are paying adult prices for them because they are 16 and older. Since we will go in February at least one heated pool would be nice

Help Please?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,770 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with all-inclusive

Very few resorts & destinations will compare to Beaches T & C that you experienced!

But definitely check-out the Grand Palladium complex in Punta Cana as well as their complex in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico. Also consider the RIU Ocho Rios in Jamaica.

In Dominican Republic, you can smoke virtually anywhere at any of the resorts with the exception of most enclosed dining venues.

And don't expect heated pools.

Kincardine, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with all-inclusive

I would highly recommend the Iberostar Lindo in the Riviera Maya. There's something for everyone (nice beach, wave pool, sports pool, regular pool w/swim up bar, dry land activities, teen disco and regular disco, shopping centre w/ three "restaurants" (taco place, burger place and crepe/ice cream place--all are included in the all-inclusive and are open long hours). Lots of off-site activities in the Riviera Maya too. At the Lindo you also have access to the Paraiso Beach and Del Mar resorts next door, and while staying at Lindo you may dine a la carte every night if you wish. You do need to make reservations for the a la cartes but they can be done when you first arrive. I have not come across a non-adults-only resort where you didn't need to make reservations for dinner. Maybe the Karisma brand?

I also wouldn't expect a heated pool anywhere.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,770 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with all-inclusive

TeamShine:

All of the Grand Palladium resort destinations offer unlimited, no reservation required, a la carte dining venues!

Pelham, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with all-inclusive

This one was definitely on my list and then I read about the a la carte reservations. Beaches has 16 restaurants and only the two adult and one hibachi required reservations. Even with a party of 12 our longest wait for dinner was 10 minutes. Making reservations is not so bad for the adults but the kids went to dinner with each other most of the time and just went when they decided they were hungry. I have a feeling they would be missing a lot of the reservations. Is smoking allowed everwhere?

I also thought I read somewhere that they changed the policy of using the other sister resorts but I probably got confused with another resort all together.

Since the pools are not heated does anyone know what the weather/temperature is in February? What about ocean temp? A friend of mine who went to DR in February said the water (ocean) was cold...and we frequent the ocean in Maine.

Kincardine, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with all-inclusive

Pool and ocean temp should be fine. I might be concerned about water temps in Cuba at that time of year but the DR is south enough you don't need to worry.

I find that with a big group reservation times can be helpful. Otherwise the pre-dinner drinks can go on...and on...and before you know it the clock strikes 9 or 10, everyone's plastered and some people don't even want to eat anymore. A reservation time of say, 8 pm, can be helpful in that situation.

When it's just my husband and I, we do prefer not having to make reservations (but we always decide on the restaurant before we get ready as I have to plan my outfit accordingly!) :)

6. Re: Help with all-inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:20