We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good family resort

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
Good family resort

trying to decide what resort to go to in punta cana and there's just so much to choose from. What is a good family resort? I'm looking for something with stuff to do for toddlers, teens and older folks.

thanks for any help

helen

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
841 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good family resort

All of resorts in PC are good :) and there are hundreds :) You need to start narrowing them down and maybe come here for advice with a few choices on your list :)

Google "map of Punta Cana resorts" and you'll get a map, see how close you want to be to the airport. The further out from the airport you go the calmer the water is (from what I understand) - read "calm water" under Top Questions.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good family resort

Actually, Regina, it's the those near the airport that have calmer waters. The water gets rougher to the north.

Mark

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good family resort

My choice of a good family resort, would be the Grand Palladium. A good kids club, a teen hang out, no reservations for restaurants, and the use of all the facilities of the Bavaro, Punta Cana and Palace sections.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good family resort

We've travelled with our son who is now 10 to Dreams Palm Beach, Melia Caribe and the Iberostar Bavaro and loved them all. My husband and I went on our own to the Grand Palladium and it is also really nice and gets great comments for families. The ocean is very calm at Dreams PB and Melia which is nice for people who aren't strong swimmers. Dreams PBC is very small which is nice for little ones and older folks who don't like a lot of walking. Palladium and Melia are bigger resorts, however, they do have trains to shuttle you to restaurants etc. Have heard great things also about the Barcelo Bavaro PalaceBavaro Palace Deluxe and are hoping to go there for our next trip but right now it's out of our budget.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 19:23
Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good family resort

My family and I along with our grandchildren have stayed at the Palladium a few times and had wonderful vacations. Their new kids club is fantastic and there's lots to do to keep everyone happy from the time you wake up until you retire at night. Also, their beach is soooo incredible.

6. Re: Good family resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22