We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

Hello,

We have a group going to excellence in September. Half of the couples upgraded to excellence club while the other half did not. Will we be able to hang out at "their" beach or will they have to come to "ours"?

Any advice on buildings to request so we are close to the excellence club upgraded couples?

Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

I was told by a concierge there that EC guests could invite non-EC guests to join them on the EC beach.

Blocks 7, 8 and 10 are EC (the EC beach is in front of there). Near to them, on the lazy river pool side, 11 and 14 are a mix of EC and non-EC. Blocks 1, 2, and 3 are a mix as well. They are on the cascade pool side. So it depends where they will be. But as long as you're all on one side or the other, you won't be far apart.

Mark

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

Sorry but that does not seem right- then why not just have 1 couple in a group of 30 or so book the Club and then everyone gets to enjoy it!

If I booked the Club section and couldn't find a spot on the beach because they were taken up by non-club members (who paid alot less then I did for the upgrade) I would be quite upset!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

I doubt they'd take it that far. My folks were there, and they were in EC. I arrived days laterm and they didn't know whether I was EC or not. The concierge said if I wasn't EC, they could invite me to join them on the beach if they wished. I seriously doubt they'd allow a group of 30 just because one couple had EC.

In any case, I've never seen it where there weren't more than enough spots on the beach at Excellence, either in the EC area or the rest.

Mark

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

I also agree that it is neither fair nor right

I think what sometimes people forget is that sometimes what will be allowed for a "loyal" Excellence guest may not be the norm. The same as being in one restaurant and ordering food off another restaurant's menu - Excellence would not want that to be the norm

Where does it end - can you invite a Non-EC couple to join you for drink in the EC Lounge?????

Edited: 14 August 2013, 22:18
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

That may be flipflop_man, but the very first time we were there, I was in Chez Isabelle, and they told me I could get a lobster delivered to my table from the Lobster House? We had tried to go to the Lobster House, but it was an extremely humid evening, so we went to an A/C restaurant. Most people don't ask. I did, and they said yes. I got the same answer on my first trip to ERC.

Mark

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

That may be the case Mark - but it doesn't make it right! I am just looking at it from the point of view that if I paid a lot extra for the Club section only to find out it could be used by no-club members no matter what the case I would be upset and start demanding answers as to why I had to pay extra for a service others did not have to. I understand that from those that get this 'special' treatment just because they asked might look upon it as good service - but what about those who did pay extra to assure they got this service.

We were looking at the Excellence and was looking at doing the Club for the special service. Now it does seem like it would be a waste of our money. All we would need to do is make friends on our first day with someone already in the Club section and have them invite us over to the Club!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

All I can say is on my experience at all three resorts it is not the norm

Yes they do some special one off food related issues for guests now and again but they would never want these published on forums leading people to believe that everyone could do it

Edited: 14 August 2013, 23:27
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

Please do not advertise special perks that you get on the forum. Might get some people in trouble if I don't get the same advertised perks if I ever go to this resort.

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

I also would be massively annoyed if I had paid for EC and found out others were receiving the same benefits without paying. We have not done EC as I am more than happy with the service we get as non EC guests but I would have something to say if I had paid and someone was getting the same benefits for free.

Its the same for business class passengers on an airline. We have been lucky enough to have flown to the Far East on Emirates enough times to gain enough miles for an occasional upgrade which I have no problem with. However on only our second trip we were bumped up to biz for no apparent reason.

I can only imagine those who had paid full price looked askance at two hot and sweaty travellers in shorts and T shirtsbeing shown to their very nice seats.

We have also paid for Business class so know what its like to see that happen.

A contentious issue for sure.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence club vs non excellence club questions

I'm sorry this upsets some people, but they really do go out of their way to accommodate people. My friend went with his wife to ERC for the first time, and mentioned a specific authentic Mexican dish to the waiter (that wasn't on the menu). The chef came out and said come back tomorrow, and we'll have it for you. He purchased the ingredients on his way into work and made it for them. Can that be expected? No, but it indicates the kind of service provided. They do tell people that they'll make anything they want if they have the ingredients.

Many people aren't aware that such things are available. They aren't aware that there's a pillow menu, or pillow tops for the mattresses, or whatever. They aim to please and will do whatever they can. That's the point. They will do their best to accommodate special requests.

Mark