We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

Hi

Has any one been to both?

Travelling with a 15 year old lad who likes to wander back & forth to room & about resort on his own & go back to room on his own in evening The layout of whole complex looks better/easier to navigate at Dom Rep - Hacienda rooms in Tulum section in Mexico seem to be really far away from main entertainment/activity areas in Mexico?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Courtice, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

I've stayed at the GBP Akumal section in the Riviera Maya and also at the Esmeralda and Ambar in Punta Cana. I agree that, while both GBP properties are large, it is easier to get around in the GBP Punta Cana. I found that the different sections at the GBP Riviera Maya were quite spread out and required longer walks/tram rides to get from one to another.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

Thanks Smolingolf for the info, we've decided on the Esmerelda mainly due to the look of the hotel & the more compact layout of the whole resort complex and we've not been to the Dom Rep before!

Courtice, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

ajh001,

Have a great time at the Esmeralda, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Warminster...
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

Tulum is nice but you'll like Esmerelda much more. It is smaller then Tulum with a MUCH nicer beach. Also closer to the airport. Of course not as much to do off site but what the heck. Just sit by the pool or beach and have your drinks brought to you. The good life.

Chris

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

Your decision to go with the Esmeralda in Punta Cana was the best choice considering your concerns!

6. Re: GBP Tulum vs GBP Esmerelda (any one been both)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:18