We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafts at Majestic Elegance

PA
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rafts at Majestic Elegance

Hi - I have read many reviews recommending you bring blow up rafts to ME. I would love to do that but my question is.... Do they have a way to blow up the raft?

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

I think the water sports desk near the beach has a compressor

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

KDsmith is right, they will blow them up for you at the water sports hut. It is on the beach, right hand side (from the lobby)

PA
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

Thanks for your replies. I will be bringing the rafts for sure. Can't wait for our vacation

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

We actually brought rafts one year and never even took them out of the package. I ended up giving them away.....

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

The other thing is getting them deflated and putting them back in the package.

Not worth it.

As OBX said...give em away

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

I bought them online (not available locally during the winter), and once they showed up at my house, I realized how darn heavy they were and left them home. They were supposedly the lightweight variety too.

Honestly we didnt miss them, but saw plenty of people using them.

It seems most people donate them to the next guests, instead of carting them home, as OBX said. So if you are going to bring them, buy cheap ones.

Edited: 16 August 2013, 15:58
Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

If you are regular travelers or have use at home the Swimways ones are very easy to inflate as it is only an outer inflatable rim with a mesh center. They fold into a circle around 18" or 20" diameter. They are not heavy and defating and packing back up is east and has a mesh carrying case. Fits easily in luggage below or in top of clothes.

Ours have been on several trips and used at home in the pool all summer.

There is a lounger style and a flat float that we bought at Costco in Canada for $29 and $19 and also are at Toys R Us and at times Wal Mart.

California
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

We brought rafts on last years vacation.we always go late november early December. We get the cheep ones on sale at Ralphs at the end of summer for like $2.99 and they are durable and serve the purpose. We always just leave them at the activities booth when we leave. Last year we eft them early and when we were leaving kids were already enjoying them in the pool.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

you could have beer and chilli for lunch and dinner ...lotsa air next day...lol i always bring one , no prob blowing them up ... i just picked up the mesh one like cathinrayz has... alot lighter... nice in the pool to hang on and rest your mug on too... Wife likes to float on it but hates me staring at her ... stuff...lol its like a dinner plate

California
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rafts at Majestic Elegance

I even went fishing on mine last year. wish I could send a photo with this post it's priceless lol