We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
739 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

My parents and 4 other families are all looking at taking their 18yr old kids to an all inclusive for their Sr spring break. They were looking at cancun and I am trying to convince them to spend their money elsewhere.

My wife an I obviously love PC but ive never tried to find a hotel that wasnt catered to couples, so I dont know what to recommend.

My brother doesnt drink (as far as my parents know) so they would t be looking for a place to go where all of the other spring breakers are. My parents would be miserable at a hotel where there were 8000 other spring breakers. I honestly think my brother would be entertained by the activities at Majestic Elegance.

The problem is that I dont know where in PC they could stay that is all inclusive that has rooms with seperate beds. A 2 bedroom condo setup would be ideal but as far as i know there are no AI's that offer that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there anywhere else you would recommend in the carribean?

Thanks in advance!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

I stayed at the Majestic Elegance 3 years ago with a friend. I was 23 at the time. I had a great time. Anywhere you go there are always going to be couples, but staying at a non-adults only resort will likely see less couples.

I am going to the Melia Caribe Tropical in November and that seems similar in the fact of not being geared specifically to couples.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

The hard rock might work. It has I think 2 bedroom rooms unless it breaks the budget.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 17:20
MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

Yes Hard Rock has Presidential suites with 2 bedrooms and a living room. Sleeps up to 6 people. One room has a king bed and other has 2 doubles. They also have 4 bedroom villas.

Paradisus resort has 2 bedroom suites, similar to the presidentials at HR

Tortuga Bay has 2,3 , and 4 bedroom villas

If your parents would be miserable at a resort with plenty of spring breakers then Cancun would probably not be the best idea.

Whatever destination they do decide on they should probably visit spring break travel sites that cater to spring break parties such as S-Trips, Breakaway Tours, Student City. On those sites you will be able to see what resorts they're offering and you can knock them off your list if their party packages fall into the time frame that your planning to go.

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

Hey Bigjim, nice to have you back!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

Afternoon Prior1, hope your doing well!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
231 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

A lot of the resorts offer rooms with 2 beds instead of a King or 2-bedroom suites. If you don't want to be around a lot of other spring breakers, you should go to the more expensive resorts or stay in a condo/villa. Otherwise, most of the resorts get pretty busy during this time with an abundance of young people.

7. Re: Punta Cana with an 18 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 06:19