We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resturaunts

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Resturaunts

First of all - I can NEVER spell that word, it bothers me to no end! Haha. Second of all, I know I saw it previously on a post but I haven't been able to find where people have given ideas to the newcomers on where to eat off your particular AI resort. I will gladly take any recommendations to some resturaunts close to Riu Palace Punta Cana -- and hearing all the details about it :)

Thanks so much!

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resturaunts

Anyone???

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resturaunts

Check out this link.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k591714…

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resturaunts

You might consider visiting Macao Beach. They have some open air fresh seafood places. Punta Cana Mike even has a half day excursion that will take you there (Munchies in Macao), he can be found at http://www.puntacanamike.com/

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Resturaunts

I think we decided to do the Munchies in Macao tour, I've already spoken with Mike via e-mail and we're super excited about it. I don't eat seafood, but my husband does.

Is there anywhere else anyone can recommend? I will also check out the link provided. Thank you all.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Resturaunts

Summer,

Link below lists all sorts of restaurants from fancy to the little local shop. Might be best to take a look and see what type appeals to you. Then go from there.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g147293-Punta_Can…

The below map of the Bavaro area will give you an idea of where some other things are located. You will not see Rui resort on the map but to give you an idea from Rui to Steves Bar (on the map) is roughly a 10 minute taxi ride.

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Resturaunts

Thanks so much Big Jim! Is Bavara the same place as Punta Cana :( I feel like I should know more. LOL

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resturaunts

Technically, I believe Punta Cana is at the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic, around the airport and the town / village of Punta Cana. It borders the Bavaro region just to the north, which from southeast to northwest, includes Bavaro Beach, El Cortecito Beach, and Arena Gorda Beach. Beyond that are Macao, and Uvero Alto.

But the entire area serviced by the Punta Cana airport tends to be referred to as Punta Cana, at least for travel purposes. So hotels not actually on Bavaro Beach or in the Bavaro region will sometimes have Bavaro in the name. Same for Punta Cana. It's similar to how hotels in Mexico will have Cancun in the name even though they're not technically in Cancun.

Mark

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
519 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resturaunts

My wife and I dined at the Jellyfish Restaurant this past November and plan on returning when we go back in December. It's about a 15 minute taxi ride from your hotel. Great setting right on the beach, with impeccable service and fantastic food and wine! If you do decide to go you might want to check in advance as it is a popular spot for weddings and receptions. If you are celebrating a special event then by all means contact Mayte. She went above and beyond for us.

http://www.jellyfishrestaurant.com/

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Resturaunts

To go along with Mark's post ( MHEATH1964) the below map will give you an idea of what he is talking about so you can understand the different areas.

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

10. Re: Resturaunts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:20