We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

Hi there just wondering if anyone who has visited the VIK could give me quick rundown on the food, rooms, and activity and cleanliness . My daughter and her boyfriend who are 25 and 26 is planning on visiting Punta Cana this spring, and their time frame is limited to the dates of April 21 to the 24 for departure because of their studies. Any information would be great. Right now this resort can be booked for 1464 and will be a Christmas gift from us. Any info would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I visited the grand Bahia principe bavaro last spring and enjoyed our visit.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

Its a very small resort which takes about 1 minute walking to get anywhere. Very nice stretch of beach, the staff was very friendly and makes you feel welcome.

Food wise, it was just ok. Since you stayed at the Bahia for a comparison the food is "not" as good as the Bahia. Although the pizza station makes some really good pizza.

Think there is 2 ala cartes but never made it to them.

There is no pool bar, but a bar not far from the pool and one on the beach.

The lobby and lobby bar is very small. A few big tables with like couch type chairs and then a few regular tables and chairs. Lobby bar is very small, a little corner bar that holds two workers, no sitting around it, you can stand to order or get served by the waitress at your table.

Shows are ok, also there is a bar by the shows and an outdoor terrace bar as well.

If they go without "high" expectations then they will have a great time and a nice relaxing holiday. If they like a bit of nightlife (since there in their 20s) then unfortunately it might not be the place for them unless their willing to go "off" resort at night. There is a small disco but lucky if 10 people are in it (all depends who else is staying at the resort at the same time)

The resort is basic, we were in block 3 deluxe room with a view of the pool. Room did its job, it was clean, towels replenished each day, nice little ground floor balcony facing the pool and ping pong area.

Our friends had a ocean view room which was nice and bigger. Actually had two steps that separated the sleeping area from the living room area.

Overall staff does a good job to keep everyone happy, the beach is very nice, most food is edible and the drinks are plentiful.

Very nice xmas gift your giving them :)

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

On thread below Post 2 (Debinatore) posted a link to her photo album of the Vik which will also assist you.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k478926…

Edited: 26 August 2013, 21:57
Newfoundland
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

Thanks so much Bigjim. The Christmas gift is just for my daughter lol. However the information that you supplied was great. I read some of the reviews while I was waiting for some replies to my question. A lot of the reviews were mixed, the reviews suggested that most of the activities are performed in French or Spanish and they speak neither. Also pricing would usually not be a big, big deal since you can always search for specials, but like I said this vacation will be taking place during the Easter holidays and everything seems to be priced so high for that time frame. I will keep looking, because prices are changing all the times. She traveled with us to Cuba, and Jamaica, but this will be her first trip alone. Thanks once again.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

Was there and food is subjective...not gourmet but certainly edible and good. rooms are basic unless you get a renovated room which are very nice. Great beach, pizza and bbq chicken at lunch.

5. Re: VIK Hotel Arena Blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:20