We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Scotland uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

What is the best one to stay at, 2 adults without children, Any comments would be great.

Thanks

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

It depends on what you are looking for. As an Adult Only resort the Ambar is more laid back and quiet. For use that was the only way to go. The Esmeralda is newer and for some people that is more important. But as adults you would have use of most services at both resorts no matter which one you choose.

Scotland uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Thanks for your reply quiet suits us fine we are not ones to join in activities just like a good beach, good food and drinks,

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Considering you have access to both and your adults without children then you should stay at the Ambar (adults only). When you want to try something new you have access to spend the day / night at the Esmeralda. (not their buffet though) You also have access to the rest of the resort.

Warminster...
Level Contributor
346 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Ambar is very nice. It will meet all your needs. The beach is a little crowded but fine. You have waitress service for drinks at the beach and pool. Food at the buffet is very good. Esmeralda is very good also. It has all the above but you take a chance with children. You never know.

Scotland uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Thank-you, Does the Amber have it's own private beach?

Warminster...
Level Contributor
346 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Ambar beach is for Ambar guests. No children. However the beaches in Punta Cana are public, Maybe 60 ft from the water. I'm not sure exactly. The guys selling stuff stay close to the water. Never back far. No one bothers you though.

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Choose the Ambar, you won't regret it in terms of children - it is laid back and very enjoyable. We love it there!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

Hello! I was actually trying to decide between Amber and Esmeralda. Does Esmeralda have a private beach as well?

canada
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

yes dax Esmeralda also has its own private section of the beach. In my opinion it is not nearly as big or quiet as ambars (prob because of the kids ect) also what I don't like about the Esmeralda room blocks are that the hallways are carpeted. While this does cut down on noise ..I found it to smell damp and musty.

plus keep in mind that the Esmeralda is constructing a new block of rooms and some may find this noise disruptive.

Lynn

10. Re: Bahia Principe Amber or Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:18