We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Spa

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Spa

Anyone who has used the Bahia Spa, how does it compare to traditional spas or Massage parlors? Prices aren't too inflated but I want to make sure it's worth the cost. Has anyone tried the couples massage? what do you recommend!?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Spa

While I have never had a couples massage, I have, however, been to the spa about 6 times. I have only had the aromatherapy massage and found it to be quite good. While it isn't as good as some of the spas I have been to at home, I found it very relaxing.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Spa

If you opt for the couples massage don't do it too close to lunch time as

after the massage you get private time to soak in the tub. I was famished so we only spent about 5 minutes in the tub. Nice ambiance.

A TA reviewer mentioned using the Bavaro spa so I got a solo massage there on my last visit while my friend got a manicure.

True that the Bavaro building is nicer but I much preferred the Ambar spa, plus of course it's location is more convenient.

Cost will be billed to your hotel account, you may wish to tip cash for the massage.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Spa

My bad, I responded as if you were staying in the Ambar section.(sorry)

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Spa

We will be in the Ambar section! I didn't realize there was more than one Spa.

Alberta
Level Contributor
607 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Spa

We did the couples massage in the Amber Spa in Dec. It was well worth it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Spa

So are there two spas - I thought there was only one! Does everyone have access to the ambar spa or is it only ambar guests?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Spa

If you are staying at Ambar you have access to both spas.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Spa

Dreamez,

There are actually 3 spas - one at the Punta Cana resort for the guests of the Bahia Bavaro/Premier/Punta Cana resorts, one at the Ambar resort for guests of the Ambar and one at the Esmeralda resort for guests of the Esmeralda.

The spa menus at the Ambar and Esmeralda are identical - the spa at the Esmeralda was just completed about January 2013. It is just that much more convenient, that they have their own spa now, rather than have to go over to the Ambar.

Only Esmeralda and Ambar guests may use the spas at the Ambar or Esmeralda resorts.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Spa

Guessing that the Esmeralda spa hadn't opened when I was there Jan 8th to 15th.

John, I am so glad that you can keep track of all the constant changes all over the complex.

Have they finished updating the black information book that was in each Ambar room, or have they decided to do away with them?

London, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Spa

Hi John,

Thank you for all your help so far