We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More changes at the airport again....

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,668 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
More changes at the airport again....

Well the ladies with their scowling faces and angry yelling are still at it and again tried to grab by arm while yelling lady, lady, lady, you must.... Pftttt.

There is now another smaller Duty Free as you go through securtiy for your departure.

And, now in terminal 2 you no longer have the option of using the ramp or the stairs to get there. You must use the ramp that now corrals you like cattle into yet another Duty Free shop. There is NO way around it, they have the area to the right, which is where the seating, washrooms etc. are blocked off.

There are a few more eating choices and the stores have moved around a bit.

Smoking is permitted again in terminal 2 outside in the kiddie play area... go figure.

Also looks like a new bar will be opening soon in terminal 2, used to be the old smoking area.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More changes at the airport again....

Thanks for the heads up Deb.

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More changes at the airport again....

Thanks, as always, Deb!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More changes at the airport again....

Ummm Deb, since you fly by the ladies looking for a pic...I noticed that your picture is now on Milk cartons as wanted by Dominican Tourista lol

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,668 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More changes at the airport again....

LOL, I think it probably is now ... seriously though, they don't even smile or be nice about it so why should I bother with them? I hope they do away with it soon as they did in POP or at least make it a choice.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More changes at the airport again....

So is there still a smoking area.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More changes at the airport again....

You can smoke in the open air terminal, but not in the air conditioned terminal, except outside. You can go back and forth between the terminals.

Mark

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More changes at the airport again....

Sorry I went back and reread Deb's email and it does have a smoking area. Just wanted to make sure my mom was not trapped without warning. (She can do just fine, but I like to warn her so she can have one list "hit" outside the airport if possible LOL!)

And I agree on the photo people, it's just a waste. I won't even slow down as I walk through and I say rather rude things if they push. (I start of smiling and saying no thank you, but if that doesn't work I call on my "rude" Spanish LOL!)

Edited: 02 September 2013, 22:43
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More changes at the airport again....

Apple failed to send a transfer for us when leaving last Friday. So we hopped the next bus and got to the airport a little late. Because it wasn't our scheduled ride, he dropped us up at the other terminal and we had to run down to our carrier. We flew past the ladies on that run, and after checking in and heading back to security, they must have been waiting for us because they went for the grab on that pass, "Sorry ladies, we're late" I said as we scattered past... it worked, never looked back to see their faces, lol. :)

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More changes at the airport again....

I was prepared for the "ladies" from reading on here before our trip. When I spotted them, I warned hubby quickly, grabbed him by the shirt and skirted past with a repeated "No Gracias, No Gracias, No Gracias, No Gracias, No Gracias" until we were through the gauntlet. We stopped for a sec, and all he said was, "What in (bleep) was all that about?" LOL :)

Otherwise, we found the airport not too bad when departing - shops, food, clean restrooms - just a reminder that we were in fact leaving :(

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
910 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More changes at the airport again....

taprice I hope you contacted Apple about this when you got home they didn't have anyone to take us to our resort when we arrived and had to wait in the parking lot for over an hour for them to get us transportation. I contacted them when we got home and they sent us a voucher for $200 for our next trip. I think it has something to do with Apple in Punta Cana I never had problems with them in other Countries