We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport and Apple Bus transportation

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport and Apple Bus transportation

We have not been to this area before, have always gone to Mexico. I have been reading of some problems at the airport. Can anyone elaborate on that? Some seem to be talking about the people that are trying to get you to stop and buy things, if so, I can't see that being worse than Mexico. Is there anything in particular? Also, we booked through Apple and I have seen some things about Apple not having a bus there for transportation to the resort or back to the airport when leaving, thoughts? This transportation was included in our trip. We are staying are staying at Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort. Is this a resort that you normally are on for a long period of time before getting there? It didn't seem too far from the airport, but I know the transportation will go to other resorts also. Anyone use this in the past? Thoughts?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

Been there a dozen times and never had a problem with our Apple transportation.

I just let a porter take our bags from baggage claim, and he leads us right to our Apple Rep and then to the bus. With the porter we speed right past anyone who might have been hoping to entice us with some sales pitch.

Warminster...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

LaTA3 has given you the correct advice. We always use the porters at the PC airport. It is the only place we use them. Porter will take you right to the Apple booth, find out your bus and take you to the bus. No wondering around the parking lot looking for the right bus. Well worth the couple bucks.

Chris

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

you would need to explain/link where you get such info from.

even that at every good business something can go wrong once in a while, Apple Vacations has as a Touroperator a very good reputation here in punta cana, as opposed to so many of the cheapy competitors. also, i never ever in 20 years ben stopped/not even asked by anyone to sell me anything when arriving at the PC airport, always been the easiest going in and thru airport of all the airports i traveled to. from the airport to the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort you will not have any prior stops at other hotels, because from the airport to that hotel there is no other resort on such travel route, your transfer leaves the airport, enters the highway and then leaves the highway 12 minutes later on the road which leads straight to the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort(it is even their own private road from the highway down to the hotel on around 3kms), there is no other hotel located any near that route, quick and easy and hassle free.

i personally Always use the porters at the airport on arrival, they know where to go, no need that you track all bags on your own around and search for the right direction, they are friendly and cost just a few bucks per piece of luggage as a tip. arrival at any airport could not be any easier.

Mike

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

We have used both Apple and private transport. After last year we are sticking with Apple from now on. There was nothing really wrong with the private but due to the traffic etc (we arrived at the start of a busy season including some GIANT planes from Russia arriving at the same time) we didn't save much, if any, time getting to the resort as the buses were parked and waiting while our driver was fighting to get in... on the return the private service actually wanted to pick us up earlier then Apple. I just cancelled it and went with Apple. Not really worried. If something goes wrong they have taxis and I have a TA who seems to have a good relationship with Apple and sell lots of rooms for them I am sure she can get my $$ if I have to pay a taxi.

Pittsburgh, Pa
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

We arrived at the Punta Cana airport at 10:50 the morning of Aug9. After getting our luggage we let a porter take our bags. He went right to the Apple Rep gave our information and took us to our private tranfer. Well worth a couple of bucks as this was our first time there. We arrived at the Royal Suites Turquesa at about 11.45. Less than 1 hour after getting off the plane! The Punta Cana airport was so easy to navigate. We filled out the white card on the plane. After paying our 10 dollar entry fee no one collected the card. We brought it home.

O departure there is a blue form you need to fill out. We stood in line and spent time trying to fill it out correctly. When we got to the counter they just stamped it and never looked at it. We could have written anything there. So what I am saying the next time I won't be so thorough in filling out the blue card. The Punta Cana airport was so easy to navigate.

Missouri
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

Thank you for the info. Are the porters right there at baggage pickup? How much did you tip them?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

Those porters are everywhere at the baggage claims carousel and you will have no problems getting one!

There is no hard-and-fast rule, but a couple bucks for each bag is the norm.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

Only once in 11 trips have I ever had a problem with Apple and we are already booked through them for May 2013, so I have not lost faith. They failed to send a transfer to the hotel for us to get back to the airport for departure. But we hopped another and it all worked out. My TA brought it to their attention, as others I read have done also, and it seems there might have been just a short window that they had some issues. They did make up for it with some future travel vouchers, and all is well that ends well...

9. Re: Airport and Apple Bus transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 05:18