We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nobody wants to play :(

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Nobody wants to play :(

Have everything on hold and ready to book for end of Oct for an 11 day stay... DH does not want to go because it is hunting time..which this is a given during this time of the year and I don't have a problem with that....

DD came home from school today ..told her I'm booking a trip....she asked when.... (I said) for the end of October...Her comment was ...I don't want to go... I will miss Halloween and (1) night stay at a camp through school......Oh and where would we be going...I said to Punta Cana.. (her comment) well I've been there already...........ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This MAMA is a little on the pi$$ed off -side and a lot on the sad side.... This kid has been on about 12 international vacations and to Disney numerous times....Now she is leaving me hung to dry :( And this DD of mine is only 11 years old...

I may just have to go by myself...I'm sure that will go over well with all of my family :(

Trying to find my happy place..and just got kicked ...DC :(

P.S. sorry for venting..no one else is here to vent to..DD is sleeping and DH is gone on a week long fishing trip..

Toronto
Level Contributor
824 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

Send the daughter a post card...from your girl's getaway!

Have fun, tell her you'll miss her.

(Kids these days...sheesh)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

Maybe you can save a deer or two, and entice him with a fishing trip with Mike Fisher. :)

Mark

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

I agree with post 1. Heck with all of them and go!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

I just asked my wife.....and she said no I can't go with you.

She has told me in the past that I can go anywhere, anytime as long as there isn't a beach involved. I tried! LOL.

Grumpy

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

Oh gosh Grumpy ...thank you for the belly rolll... It was much needed:)

And thanks all for your interest in this weeks chapter of my life. .... To be continued

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

ditto to safe Bambi and send him fishing, in front of PC Beaches, lol.

Mike

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

A girls trip would be fun :0)

Norfolk, uk
Level Contributor
123 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

I'm pretty sure here in the UK most parents would not allow an 11 year old to dictate when a holiday should be taken.

Personally I would arrange the time that suits you & your husband then book the trip.

If your child really doesn't want to come, do you have relatives nearby that could look after for you?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,003 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

Take a sister or a friend.

norfolk
Level Contributor
180 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nobody wants to play :(

Im 24 and the last 2 years ive been on holiday with my mum and sister (14) and this year my dad came with us - obviously i paid for myself - had an amazing time!! Never could afford to go abroad when we were younger. Guess that's different generations for you! Your daughter will look back and regret not going!! :(