We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

Trip is book ...11 days, 6 square Golden-Apple. Leaving October 22 :)

My thoughts of the location we will be at ...are 1 of these 3 resorts... The Now or one of the Dreams.

DD will be spitting bullets when I tell her she is going....I will tell her she better reload fast...Cause this Mama will bring out the big guns...LOL

Thanks so much... For all that gave me advice and helped through this trying pre-teen years.. Sorry Grumpy you can't go now :(

I found my "Happy Place" again !!

DC

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

Good for you!! Way to go mom!!! DD may kick and pout a bit right now but once there she'll be fine. I've been there a few times. ;-)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

You GO gurl :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

Disneychicks: I wasn't sure what you were talking about until I found your previous thread and I'm sorry, but I'm really surprised with your DD's reaction about this trip. My youngest son (now 10) is very fortunate that me and my hubby (his dad) have been able to take him on numerous trips (3xPC; 1xMexico; 1xDisney; as well as annual summer trips to the beach in Maine since he was 2) - the day he ever whines about coming on a trip with me is the day he will be staying home to take care of the dog! Hope your DD was just having a pre-teen hormonal moment and she comes around and appreciates you because you definitely deserve it!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

Glad you've got your spirit back DC..... have to say the teenage years are no picnic in the park!

Have a great time with little 'Miss Difficult'..... PC awaits you both:)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

DC - good for you - sounds like they all get to do their things, so you should do yours! Maybe they would prefer you to go without them...? I'm sure you can find a few others on TA who'll be glad to go with you LOL When DD is paying, she can choose where she takes you, or sends you, if she wants to stay home - ha ha. Have a great trip and hope you'll come back here and tell how it went... :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

I'm in a much better mood and smiling ear to ear... after booking this trip :)

DD wont be home from school for another 2 hour ..won't she be surprised ..LOL

I always say "traveling is my hobby" and it is my one and only out....And nobody is going to take that away from me.. come hell or high water...I really do not do anything else for fun ...I haven't been on a trip since January to Puerto Vallarta... I know poor me....LOL.

This Disneychick has got her groove back and DD is going to receive a huge attitude adjustment :)

DC :)

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
canada
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

good for you DC. your daughter will throw a fit now.. but in years to come she will realize how lucky she was. it took our daughter growing up..moving out..and having her own kids to have the AHHH HAAA moment. Now she thanks us for not drowning her. lol

Lynn

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

My daughter had just turned 13 on our first trip to DR, Puerto Plata. She really didn't want to go. When we got to the resort she met a few other "like minded" teens about her age and they all ended up having a blast hanging out together the whole week. She didn't want to leave. hahaha

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

good for you!

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mama ..Put her foot down !!!

I only recall once that my daughter (at age 16) didn't want to go with us, but I put my foot down and she came anyway. We've been on multiple trips since the older one was just 10 months, but we have left them home a couple of times sulking because we weren't taking them (their school schedules wouldn't permit it). Even now that they are 18 and 21 respectively they would go with bells on.

DC, the DD will be fine! And she is young enough to not dictate to you whether the family goes on vacation. Wish I was going, and have a great time!!