We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Terrenas and Samana Province

Geneseo, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Las Terrenas and Samana Province

We are considering a trip to this area in February from Chicago area. Can anyone give me information about which airlines fly to the area? Which airport is best to fly into? Any other information about transportation from the airport to LT/Samana area would be appreciated as well. Thanks D

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

If I'm not mistaken you fly right into Samana.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

The only airline with a direct flight to the airport nearest Samana is Jet Blue.

You're best to ask specific questions in the Samana forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g811253-i20657-San…

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

I seem to recall a couple of years ago our flight to PC (Air Transat) either dropped us off in PC then flew to Samana or vice versa, and the same on the way back. I read a review that said if you don't fly into Samana, it is a 1:45 minute drive. Looks like West Jet flys to Samana (AZS) but again, it might stop in PC first. Like Marg said, best to jump on the Samana forum.

Edited: 06 September 2013, 19:41
Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

Sorry, I was thinking Canada, not US. Duh!

Geneseo, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

TY for all your quick and helpful responses. I did not find the LT/Saman forum earlier, I have posted the question(s) there as well.

6. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:24