We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

High Bridge, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

My wife and I will be vacationing at the Grand Bavaro for a week at the beginning of October. This is the first time we have ever stayed at an all-inclusive resort and our first time in the dominican. I have read some great reviews on this site, but still not sure what to expect when we arrive. If anyone has any tips, suggestions, or do's and don'ts that may help us with our stay, it would be greatly appreciated.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
778 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

You are going to one of the best resorts in Punta Cana ,that offers a lot of restaurants and activities.

Don't be shy and ask about everything you want to know (front desk,guest services,butlers etc.)

I remember my first all inclusive - I missed many dinning options and free activities and water sports because I didn't know about them :)))

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,009 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

You're in the right place. As WEinPC says, ask the questions, and those who have experienced IGB will give you the lowdown. There's no doubt that you picked a top notch resort.

Mark

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

First...get ready for a wonderful bit of pampering and luxury. It is just what the doctor ordered....for me at least! The first thing I would do would be to make your dinner reservations. Either email them directly to the hotel or do it upon arrival with your butler. Also...the vibe is definitely casual elegance...you can dress up for dinner or not.....some people wear evening gowns and suit jackets (not many) while others dress in casual skirts, capris, sundresses and slacks for men with golf type shirts. I highly recommend trying all of the ala carte restaurants as they each have something special to offer. If you like wine, always ask to see the list of included wines....no need to upgrade. I am a wino from way back and I've never had a glass of wine that I didn't care for off the included wine list. If you try something you don't care for, ask for something else or if it's a new selection you've never tasted, ask for a taste.

Make friends with Nathaniel in the breakfast buffet. He rocks and is a wonderful man as are all of the waiters there....they are truly the salt of the earth!

If you enjoy the beach, Dionis is the lead beach waiter. He is every vacationer's dream. He will make your drinks as you like. Take care of him. He will take care of you.

Take a late afternoon dip in the salt water pool. It's sublime.

Relax in your jacuzzi. It's unforgettable.

Have gratitude in your heart. Understand that the Dominican people are the most gracious anywhere. It's genuine.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

oceangirl........you make me want to stop by Grand Bavaro on my way home from my Barbados trip in a few weeks!!! I will book this resort on my next trip to Punta Cana. Hope you are ready for Barbados too!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,144 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

OG,,,, what happened to your flipflops :-(

Also, just so you can prepare yourself... Leonardo is now back at the Bavaro Beach Bar, back to his happy old self :-)

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

Dropping by the boatyard for great time in Barbados Tingy??? Enjoy it there:)

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

Deb....what do you mean? I still see them! Perhaps I pushed a button incorrectly but they are still showing on my computer.....if they are gone please pm me and help me to get them back on because as you know I am technically profoundly challenged. : (

Tingy, please make me want to stop by Barbados on my way home from the Grand. I can't wait to see our friends there! It's so great. 11 weeks.....

PM me from CB cause you know I'm sittin' on the edge of my wine cooler waiting to hear from you!

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

BTW deb.....I would never take those flip flops off. They're full of good karma. xoxoxo

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

If you are celebrating anything special, email ahead and let them know. Hubby did that for my 50th bday and I was surprised with a yummy chocolate cake, sparkling wine and balloons in the room! Enjoy!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,144 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort

does anyone else here see oceangirl51's avatar? I see it as a blue female head.