We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Airlines

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Airlines

Hi,

I will be flying with Thomson Airlines on the 24th September from Gatwick in Premium class.

Can anyone tell me what the service, food etc is like. Some of the reviews are not great. I will be staying at the Ambar and can't wait.

Thank you for any reply in advance.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,676 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Airlines

I have always flown in the Premium cabin on Thomson flights. Never had bad service, very attentive staff..........great flights every time. Food onboard I have always found palatable for airline food, since this May Thomson have an improved cabin service and have actually gone back to the old First Choice airline days before merger of actual cutlery and crockery, no more plastic knives and forks at meal times :) and upgraded their meals. I am sure you will you have a great flight experience in the Premium cabin.

Angie.

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Airlines

Thank you very much Angie for your prompt reply. That makes me feel so much better

and I am now looking forward to my flight.

Only 11 more sleeps!!!!

Best Wishes

Kim

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
307 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Airlines

I'll second Angie, done several flights in premier with Thomson, and they put Air Canada who we flew with on our holiday last year to shame. Excellent crews, freeflowing drinks, and if you want another between services dont be afraid to go to the front and ask, had some great chats with the crews while doing that before. Enjoy yourself and I look forward to seing your review when you get back, I go 10 weeks today to the Ambar as well. :-)

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Airlines

Hi there londonkim me and my gf are traveling the same day from the gatwick and are also staying at amber hope we see you there

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Airlines

Hi Undyfish,

will certainly meet up for a drink. Cheers. Heres to Happy Holidays.

Not long now!!!!!!!

Best Wishes

Kim.

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Airlines

Well you can't miss me I've got a orange fish tattoo on my forearm

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Airlines

Undyfish, I miss read your last post and thought you said forehead - definitely wouldn't be able to miss you then... :)

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
947 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Airlines

I agree with the above posters, always fly thomson premier and will be doing so again in 5 weeks, always had great flights, great staff and never had a problem. Drinks are definitely free flowing!!

Angie - glad to hear they have gone back to original first choice cutlery etc.... look forward to that again xx

Rayleigh Essex UK
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Airlines

Just returned from dom republic bahia Amber, flew with Thomson dreamliner premium class both ways, service out of this world, very attentive cabin crew,delayed return flight 7hours due to problems at Gatwick, service on flight is something Major airlines should look at food and attentive service of crew with Thomson is great.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,676 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Airlines

Glad to hear you had a great experience flying with Thomson Airways.

Angie.