We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floaties in the pool

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
419 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Floaties in the pool

I was reviewing the pictures of the Bahia Principe Ambar resort and I noticed that the hotel does not provide floaties (pool lounger / water matresses) for the guests. I was thinking of bringing my own. Do guests use these in the pool? Is it permitted by the hotel?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floaties in the pool

We have taken our own rafts to every resort we have been. After we are done with them we pass them on to someone else. No one has ever had a problem with us, or any one else for that matter. We always see people using them and some shoppes even sell them but they are pricey. I have stocked up at the end of season sales so that we always have them to take. I also have a portable compressor to blow them up but others have advised that the in house dive shops will blow them up for you also. :)

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floaties in the pool

We always bring our own and pass them off to another guest when we are leaving. Now i never stayed at the gran bahia in punt cana but ive stayed at numerous resorts and have never seen them prohibated.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
778 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Floaties in the pool

I bring my foam swimming belt ( I use it for aqua aerobic classes at home).

I love to float like a "cork" LOL!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floaties in the pool

Thats funny WEinPC, my husband used one while on an excursion this past August. It was yellow so he called it his banana belt, he kept it on the whole day, loved bobbing with it, lol.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,076 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floaties in the pool

thirstyTraveller.....

The resort does not provide any air mattress's or pool floats etc - they certainly are permitted and many guests do use them.

Often, they are brought by the guests from home or purchased at the resort in the shops located in the lobby, or in the large shopping & entertainment area at the resort called the Pueblo Principe or right at the cart located by all the pools - where they will also arrange to blow them up with air if required.

Hope this does assist you.

Have a wonderful vacation in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Floaties in the pool

We got one for 10 bucks on amazon. It is stripped like a rainbow. I am calling it the Psychedelic Booze Raft. It does not have a holder for our bubbas but they float. Maybe I will take a piece of Velcro and attach some sort of tether to it and another piece of Velcro for my wrist. It will be a bubba leash I can use while on the Psychedelic Booze Raft and Kermint (my green bubba) will float merrily along side me! Larry thinks I am nuts and does not wish to talk about it.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Floaties in the pool

I strangely want to stay where Dawnskye is saying, and drink what she is drinking, LOL.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 01:11
Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Floaties in the pool

Yup taprice, I am the resident weirdo here! My sense of humor gets me through the pre-trip crazies. Unfortunately, I have another 4.5 months to feel this way.

You will find me at the Ambar with Kermit. He will be filled with Sammy Sosa and bobbing merrily along side me at the pool. Larry will be elsewhere and pretend not to know me. :D

wisconsin
Level Contributor
820 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Floaties in the pool

Dawn that is so funny! What kind of bubba keg do you have that floats and stays upright? I may need to get one for my husband for Christmas! He would probably love that one! It drives him crazy that we don't have anything to hold our drinks! We use h20 hammocks! Only have to blow up the head and feet!and your body is floating in the water on the mesh hammock!

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Floaties in the pool

It does not stay upright but I am trying to figure something out to help that. I figure if I keep the top closed, it wont matter if it flops over. Maybe a little airfilled donut that fits snuggly around the bubba? I am very creative that way and will let you know if I can figure something out.

Hey that hammock is creative? Is there a site for that?