We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Good gawd I'm in heaven. The beach and ocean is like nothing I've seen before. In awe. That's all! :)

Ps prepaid tourist cards and porter tips A++++.

Out fault, should have got a private transfer vs van but we are here!

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

have a couple of greenies for me . it is really nice there, cant get enough of it

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Sounds like a great start - enjoy your holiday :)

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Wonderful.

Thanks for touching base with the rest of us. The photos of this place look amazing. I understand that this resort (adults only) is on the actual Bavaro Beach. This was one of our top 3, BUT, as I understand it, there are palapas [individual, palm-leaf-covered huts] sprinkled along the beach in front of the resort. Is that still the case? Would love to hear form someone there.

Best regards, as always;

PC

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Have fun,,,,,,,we are

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

I don't know if this is posting under my main account or FB. The rooms are eh (will describe, however they may move us) BUT ...

The Gourmet - Wow! I have some kick butt pictures to share so far when I get a review posted upon our return.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,668 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

have fun - i am

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

I don't know if this is posting under my main account or FB. The rooms are eh (will describe, however they may move us) BUT ...

The Gourmet - Wow! I have some kick butt pictures to share so far when I get a review posted upon our return.

Eta: room: bed is comfortable!! Pillows awesome, shower pressure strong, room temp stays cool. It just lacks any wow factor for an adult AI but no regrets!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

We are back tonight and will be posting a review with lots of pictures. AMAZING!! Will share highlights and maybe cons (suggestions). Want to go back to Punta Cana next year for our 25th for sure.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

PC plenty of palm trees but I did not see any "palapas" with beach loungers underneath. Plenty of shady spots (or sun) both on the beach and poolside.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
247 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Barcelo Bavaro Beach

How were the mosquitoes? I see its hot and humid there - love it - especially considering fall came early to the northeast this year. Im glad you enjoyed your vacation. :-)