We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

Does anyone know if there is ANY legal reason why we are being FORCED to stand in a line to take photos with these ladies if we do not want to? We actually declined to have our pictures taken, but STILL were forced to stand in the "stupid" line so that we could get to the customs entry point in the airport. Again, I know that this is a money grab for someone, but it should be something that is "optional" for those that want to stand in the line to do it. This slows down the entire process of getting through this busy airport to CATCH your flight. At least in the past years, they got you on the way in where it did nothing but delay you on getting your luggage.

After 25+ visits to the DR, I don't want to have to go through this every time! If I "choose" to, then I will go and line up to do this......

So.......back to my original question......WHY do we have to be forced into this line and not allowed to pass until these ladies say it is OK to go through? What can we do to stop this dumb ritual for those of us who don't want to play anymore?

Floor is Open!

Vicki

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

We have just walked to the right the last two times down - in April the lady was practically hissing at us as we walked by saying no. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule that you have to line up - or at least we weren't arrested LOL.

Bugs

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

Why can they place their hands on you .....Do NOT get this part at all

DC

Oakmont...
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

Had the same problem with them back in June i was ready to knock her out for grabbing my arm to force me in the picture line. Thank god my wife stopped me cause i was pissed. It was hot that day too and i was upset i was leaving and not sitting at the pool bar at the resort. I would love to know the answer to this too!!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

WAIT: We have been going to Mexico for the last few years so it has been a few since we have been to PC (we used to alternate), but this year is our daughter's senior trip and her group wants to go to Punta Cana.

Are you telling me that we now have to STOP for a picture on our way to our plane when we are leaving Punta Cana? I do remember trying to sneak past them with my family on our last trip as we landed in PC (they were not happy with me), but NEVER on our way out of PC.

That is disturbing.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

We quickly skirted past with a "No Gracias" and no eye contact - I knew from reading here we were coming up on them, so grabbed hubby by the shirt (he had no idea what was going on) and just flew through. There were quite a few people at the time though, so the one who went to "grab" us just went on to the next person.

Personally, I too feel it is annoying and a bit of an intrusion. Not only that, because of where they were standing (ramp/stairs) I feel it's a bit of a safety hazard - pulling luggage and/or carry-ons while hurrying to get through customs, with that many bustling people, sometimes with children, is not safe. Someone's due to fall. Perhaps the airport authority can do something...?

Iowa
Level Contributor
949 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

We just went through yesterday and walked to the right of them, saying no thank you and ignoring them when they tried to call us back.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

start emailing the airport,,, as they are not there without permission of grupo punta cana

enough people complain they may start listening

customerservice@puntacana.com

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

I did this about 15 min ago ...LOL

winnipeg
Level Contributor
495 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

Agree totally with you, big problem when we

left on Sept 1......... Cheers Tim..

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport photo ladies......Pain in the a$$!

We went through last night....that's why the post. There were at least 6 ladies dressed up. We walked to the right to go straight on by, and was literally grab by my arm by one of them, while another one grabbed my husband, and both of us were walked back to the line. I told the lady at this point that I did not want my picture taken, and she told us that we still had to wait in the line until it was our turn to walk through. When we got to the point of the picture to be taken, we declined the photo and she let us go through........WHY the hassle and lineup then! This has to stop! There is no legal reasons why we need to go through this.