We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

After an exhaustive research we narrowed down a search for a family trip (2 adults and 3 children) next April to Punta Cana to either the Royalton, Dreams or Club Med. Our dates are fixed.

It seems all the hotels are fully booked on our dates for rooms accepting 3 children, but will take bookings for families with 2 children. We cannot change our dates.

I can't get through to the Royalton directly which is being refurbished. Some travel agents tell me that it's adults only and direct me to the Memories section (which does have availability) and others say the Royalton does accept families. Anyone know for sure?

Either way, am put off booking the Memories since that there are a) no photos of the hotel and it seems that it's a long way from beach and 3) again seemingly you can't use all the Royalton facilities but the Royalton can use the Memories splash pool.... For £4-5K I'd want equal access!

Does anyone have experience with this? Any other recommendations for a good hotel with small children? Anyone seen the Memories place and can speak about it practically? vs the Royalton? Appreciate all and any advice.

Thanks!

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

Hello can't say too much I'm going Feb1st to memories....but if you google memories splash punta Cana they have some photos and info.also read these forums there is a few threads running with a lot of info from a resort rep! Good luck- enjoy!

Worksop
Level Contributor
124 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

Royalton is not adults only... We are a family of three who have booked for May half term. Royalton is on the beach while Memories is set further back. Guests of the Royalton can use all the facilities of Memories. Guests of memories can use the pools and snack bars (i think) of Royalton but not the restaurants. For me it was worth paying the little extra for the beach front location and the extra facilities. Cannot wait!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

Thank you... That aligns with everything I've read but was thrown by the hotels web site travel agent saying on phone it was adult only. I'd rather go to the royalton, but sadly think it's booked for our dates for a big family room.

Appreciate the advice and hope all respondents have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

We've managed to book the royalton ....

Bit worried that images of the water park and hotel front are architect drawings rather than photos but we shall see!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

They are drawings because they are new and not open yet!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

HI - did anyone confirm that the Memories Splash guests can use the pool faciliies at Royalton? I can't seem to find a definitive answer on that so I'm not sure which one to book. I know there are a few more restaturants at Royalton but what else would the extra cost provide? A closer to the beach room I"m thinking? Anything else? I wish I had a resort map!

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

Anybody get a real view of resort? Does it look like its comming along? Any view of progress on water park?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

I wish someone would post some pictures of construction or something :-) There is not one picture anywhere?? I did get an email from the resort that Memories Splash guests can use the Royalton pool. Here is what she said...

"Guests staying at the Memories Splash would have access to the pools at the Royalton Punta Cana, also the Snack at the beach. The beach is about eight minutes walking distance from the Memories Splash."

Ottawa
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

My husband and I are booked for the Royalton next May. If it is true that guests of the Memories section will be able to use the pool at the Royalton, we will be extremely disappointed. It is often difficult enough to find a chair by the pool at a resort not shared with a sister property. I would imagine with the Memories property being so far removed from the beach and ocean that a large majority of Memories guests will be occupying chairs by the Royalton pool, making it even more difficult for Royalton guests to get chairs. I am starting to wonder what we have paid much more for... besides having a room closer to the beach.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

We paid more for the view and the extra restaurants I guess.