We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hudson, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sanctuary Cap Cana?

We are almost ready to book for November, originally thinking of Majestic Elegance, not sure it is as quiet as we would like. Read the reviews of the Sanctuary, seems to be what we are looking for, quiet, small resort, laid back, don't have to make reservations for meals, and it doesn't appear you would have to get up at the crack of dawn for a beach chair. On a whole the reviews are really good, but a few make it sound as if this resort is not in great shape. I would appreciate any comments from travelers who have been there recently.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

kaj87, check out their Facebook page. You might be able to get some information there.

Hudson, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Thank you Nicole, the facebook page is very helpful, have you ever been to this resort?

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Hi I was thinking the same thing... I was first looking at alsol luxury village ( former fishing lodge ) and they say you can spend all your time at SCC.. The price was dirt cheap AI in Jr. suite with air for 8 nights non stop for 2,089$ for the two of us! After reading some reviews it seems they all go and spend most of there time at SCC.. So looked into that and found a great deal for 2,260$ AI w/air for two.. Wondering if I should spend the extra 200$ and just stay there ? Also if you stay at SCC can you drink, eat and play at ALV? What would you do?

Hudson, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

I had read somewhere that you can't exchange privileges between the 2 resorts, I guess you can always confirm with the hotel. It is hard to say if it is worth the extra $200, anyone who knows both resorts would be a better judge. For an ocean front suite it would cost us from Montreal $3300 for two. I did look at the reviews for Alsol and in my opinion the Sanctuary looks more interesting.

Edited: 22 September 2013, 19:40
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
989 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Nothing open much at Alsol, its like a ghost town, very beautiful but not much going on, i would defo go for the Sanctuary any day of the week..............

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Yes the reviews made it seem like a ghost town, but they said for a 2$ taxi ride they spent most of there time at SCC.. So I was wondering is if the rooms were nicer at ALV or nicer at SCC? I am only able to book a reg jr suite at SCC.. But if you can use the facilities at SCC if you stay at ALV can you stay at SCC and use the facilities at ALV? It would be nice to mix it up a bit..

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
989 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Sorry i dont know much about the exchange privileges................I must admit the condos at ALV are stunning i would love to live there any day off the week..........Sorry i dont know where someone got a taxi for $2, unless some one at the resort could run to up in a golf cart ???? No way a taxi is $2.......

Edited: 22 September 2013, 20:56
maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Hi I got that info from Kevin C in his Aug 18th review... So i guess just bite the bullet and go to

SAC is the way to go... I have a great deal and its on hold for 24 hours.. 8 nights AI with non stop flights for 2294$ total for 2.. the price has already went up 400$ since and its was over 1200$ more on all the other web sites.. ALV looked really nice too and could be had for 2,054$.. Was going to go to breathless but it was going to be too much for me right now.. ( I would save over 1,000 ) So thinking SAC..

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Hi, yes I have been there, albeit back when it was managed as a Secrets resort. From what I have read, it seems to be going through yet another change, etiher the proerty is being sold or they are changing the maangement of it. Perhaps both. Keep reading reviews, sending PM's to people who have stayed there and written reviews, both good and bad and use the facebookpage to contact people as well. Just educate yourself as much as possible. I am alway leery of resorts in transition, but that is just me.

montreal
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Thank you Nicole for all of the great advice, did you enjoy the Sanctuary, it seems to be a very interesting destination!