We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

Hi, would appreciate some advice: these two hotels are our options on an AI basis with a 7 month old baby

Which would people recommend?

cap cana would be a junior ocean view suite, majestic colonial would be free upgrade with expedia, so I guess a majestic junior suite

Thanks for any advice

Hudson, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

We were at the Majestic Colonial a number of years ago, and from what I remember it was a more family oriented resort, we loved it, beautiful landscaping, beautiful beach. From what I have read the Sanctuary appears to be more appealing to adults, although it is not adults only. We too are trying to decide between both resorts. We are considering Sanctuary because of its character and remoteness, we don't like overly active resorts, we are travelling as a couple. We are considering the club section at the Majestic Colonial and Majestic Elegance which is for Adults only, we have traveled a lot with our 2 children who are now young adults and we do like to get away once and awhile alone. In my opinion I think you may be more comfortable at the Majestic Colonial with a baby.

London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

very helpful, thank you!

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

Check to see of are really likely to get the upgrade. If so, the Majestic Jr. Suite at colonial is a nice room....it's a "swim up".

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,788 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

Can you explain a little of what you are looking for in the resort you want to stay at so that people are better equipped to provide advice

Nebraska
Level Contributor
296 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

Hi there! We are currently at the SCC. I have no knowledge of the Majestic. The SCC beach is small and a bit rocky, but there are two other beaches, just to the East and just to the West of the SCC that have very good beaches, not crowded, with fabulous soft sand and gradual slopes to them, with palm trees. There are only a few children here at the moment, (maybe due to school being in session?) and the ones that are here are pre-school age from what I have observed. The walkways here are rough, like cobblestone, and I would think that pushing a stroller would be difficult. But know that the staff is lovely, the food is good, and the place is gorgeous! Hope this helps! Oh, and since they don't seem to get a lot of little ones, the staff really make over them. I have seen high chairs at the restaurants, also.

Happy Travels!

Christine

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

It may not be on your radar but i travelled last December to Dreams Palm Beach with my 8 month old. AMAZING resort. If you have any questions ask away :0)

Edited: 12 November 2013, 13:50
7. Re: sanctuary cap cana vs majestic colonial with baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:17