We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Ocean Sand & Blue Pics

Neshanic Station NJ
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Ocean Sand & Blue Pics

…yahoo.com/ph/nclarke99/slideshow_end…

The above link will show some of our recents photos from OB. We were there Feb 10-18. THe ones at the end are a few from Saona Island.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
48 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Ocean Sand & Blue Pics

Thanx Phillygirl! The pictures are great. I jumped on the deal at Travelzoo the other day and booked a vacation the third week of March at the Ocean Blue for the family. When I started searching for reviews the first two I came across were terrible and I went into panic mode. I found this site and the reviews here (yours included) have turned it all around and we're tickled pink now. I do have a couple of questions though, first - about what can we expect to pay for a taxi from the airport or does Ocean Blue have any kind of transportation service? And second, did you guys take the anti-malaria medication and have any problems with it? Thanx again for the pictures..nothing like seeing photos that travelers took instead of the ones that the resorts want you to see.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Ocean Sand & Blue Pics

Nice pics phillygirl . . . it seems like you really enjoyed yourself. The pictures are fantastic!

Neshanic Station NJ
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Ocean Sand & Blue Pics

Not sure about a taxi. We took the transportation offered with the package which was $25 per person round trip. I dealt with Turinter Tours. When you get your luggage, you will come out to an area that has many booths. Go to one of them and barter a price. You can see that we paid $12.50 one way with Turinter Tours. Use that as a ball park figure. Also, try posting that question on this site.

I got Chloroquinine from my doctor but opted not to take it. I got no mosquito bites, but did see many of them, especially at night in the lobby and some in the restaurants. It is quite breezy and settling on us may be a little difficult, but again it is their "cold" season. In March it may be a little hotter/calmer. Everyone I spoke to did not take the meds, but they did not bring children. If it were not illegal, I would send our neds since we did not take it.

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Ocean Sand & Blue Pics

Thanks for taking the time to download your pictures, Phillygirl. We are going to head down to Ocean Sands on March 12th and we are looking at your pictures and are now looking forward to our vacation. Thanks again.