We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iphone translator that does not require data

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iphone translator that does not require data

Does anyone know of a translation app for the iphone where you are not required to be using data?

I know it is terrible but I do not know spanish and would like to have something available if it should be needed.

Thank you in advance.

Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iphone translator that does not require data

Odyssey Translator "Spanish Pro" has great word / phrase translation. For Spanish "learning" with no data required.....try "Duolingo".

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,833 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iphone translator that does not require data

If you have wifi you don't have to worry about data.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iphone translator that does not require data

google translate .. you download the language well you have a wireless connection.. then you dont need a connection after expect for picture and sign translation,,

once downloaded you can do voice and typed translation from english to spanish and spanish to english

now that is how it works with android devices,, I would think it would be the same for apple,, but Im never 100% sure what apple will allow

Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iphone translator that does not require data

Even if you don't have wifi.....Odyssey will still work fine. So with this APP you don't need to worry about WiFi or data once you install. If you have WiFi as Deb states.....then you will have more options.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iphone translator that does not require data

Thank you for the suggestions I will look them up. I understand there is wifi but it is only in lobby? Staying at palladium punta Cana

6. Re: Iphone translator that does not require data

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:18