We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

OR
11 posts
Save Topic
Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Yeah, I know. Bad call. :) But the tickets are booked and so's the hotel. So, from everything I've heard, Dominican Airport Transfers seems to be the way to go. Since they're quite pricey, though , i figured I'd directly pose the question in the forum before I booked with DAT

Any recommendations and/or warnings will be much appreciated! Thanks!.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

The taxi stand at the airport will take you to any of the Bavaro/Punta Cana hotels for $175. No need to book or pay anything in advance. Just walk outside at the arrivals area of SDQ airport and to the left is the taxi stand/office.

http://www.taxisichala.com/

OR
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Thank you, Eric! Actually, if that's each way, DAT might prove to be the lower cost option. But good to know!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Hi,

We are doing the same thing this Nov. This will be our third time within a year using DAT. You can contact them for pricing but I will say this their prices outbeat everyone else we contacted. We are flying into SDQ because airfrares were cheaper than flying from Boston to PUJ in Nov downside late flights but oh well Julio is the owner and I highly recommend him. Their service is top notch!

OR
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Thanks! Sounds like DAT it is!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

going rates for that transfer should range around $150.- one way and $250.- for roundtrips.

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

the dowwnside of such flight is that the first day is completely lost on a late arrival, if a guest stays for example just 5 nights that means 20% of the vacation package been paid for nothing. of course if such booking safes significantly more than such lost 20%, then it will be worth the 6-8hrs roundtrip transfers.

happy travels

Mike

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

crittercat - When in Nov are you traveling? We're traveling from Boston to PC in mid Nov

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Jmb what are your dates? I am going Nov 16-23. Booked the first week of August through JetBlue getaways and the airfare portion was $550. (Although I had enough TrueBlue points for one way free...definitely sign up if you are not a member)

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

CWM - We're going the week before you (Nov 10-17th) & we booked our airfare thru JetBlue as well...the base price of our tickets was about the same as yours, but we opted for the extra leg room (I'm 6' tall & I hate traveling on lengthier flights feeling squished, so I was really excited about the extra leg room option)...We booked our airfare back in May. The price for the same flight we're going on is $120 more expensive per person - base price, (not including the price for extra leg room) right now then it was when we booked...

Edited: 30 September 2013, 03:53
Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

CWM- Thanks for the heads up on signing up for the rewards point program (with JetBlue) - just signed up :-)