We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

Please tell me what hotel I should stay at. Majestic,esmeralda, or any other? Booking today. I am nervous never been to pc before,, Thanks Lis

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

Will be with my kids 21 and 27... also thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

Majestic and Esmeralda both get great reviews so I'm sure either would be good choices (we haven't been but have been twice to the Ambar and loved it). Just another one for you to consider is the Iberostar Bavaro - since you mentioned steak house - we ate steak at two of their restaurants (the steak house and the gourmet) and honestly, best steaks ever at an all-inclusive and I'm really picky about my steak!

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

If you want good steak chose the Majestic Elegance their steak house is great.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

The steak house "Asadito" was our favorite of the several ala cartes at the Majestic Elegance. But the ME is the only PC resort I have been too, so I can't really make a honest comparison to any other. I'm sure several resorts have great steak places.

Good luck booking your first PC trip. Do your research, like you are doing, and ask questions here on the forums. You will find a lot of great help on here from people that have stayed at many of the PC resorts.

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

If you want a good steak go to Chicago and stay away from the Caribbean. The best food you will get in any of the island resorts is only average in the U.S.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

Sailman is a chef, so that says enough about his opinion, and I was a Food and Bev manger for a number of years at an upscale place. I found the steak to be completely on par with an average American steakhouse. NBF is right though, it won’t compare to a "big city" 21+ day wet/dry aged American grass-fed beef, but its more than adequate. And you are not paying $80+ for a plate either.

I asked a waiter and was told that the beef comes from Argentina, but I’m not all that convinced that is accurate since there are beef sources much closer to PC. But you never know, it might be correct, tasted great to us!

Edited: 01 October 2013, 20:56
Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

NBF, I don't think that was the answer the OP was looking for.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

She's not looking for Ruth's Chris. She's looking for a resort with food that her 20 something year old kids will eat (i.e. American). Apparently, they are not adventurous eaters.

I think a lot of resorts will have such options. Not knowing more about what she is looking for, it's difficult to narrow it down.

Mark

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

Matt, I was told last trip that they are now using US beef. I could tell a big taste difference especially the rib eye. As you said no its not dry aged prime beef but you are not paying 80 bucks or more either. Yes I am a chef and been more than happy with the food at ME.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me what hotel I should stay at. fun,clean,steak house..

Thanks Sailman, Good to know. Argentina steak has recently become very hard to get here in the US (according to my chef friends) so maybe they were having import problems too.

I'd love to try the Passion restaurants at the Paradisus's someday!

Very true Mark, lots of resorts will likely fit her and her adult kids food needs.